At Samsara, we are a diverse group of passionate and curious people committed to building something ambitious. We are looking for talented and dedicated people who share our vision to join our growing team. Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux -based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras. Our work philosophy involves rapid product iteration; because all of our devices are internet-connected, we have access to thorough feedback and telemetry on how well our software performs in the field. We’re at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks.
As a Sales Engineering Manager at Samsara, you’d be part of a diverse group of technically minded folks working together to bring our unique connected operations technology to customers. Our daily customer engagements include conversations around logistics/supply chain management, fleet maintenance strategies, global asset management, machine control systems/diagnostics, system integration, and regulatory compliance. As SE Manager, You would partner with Samsara’s extended leadership team, Product Management Team, Development Team, and others to enable the Sales and SE organizations to be successful in these engagements.
- Ability to create and maintain a standard customer engagement model for an SE Team, including understanding customer needs, establishing internal SLA’s, providing mentorship and training, and creating content and reporting to scale the team.
- Experience working with an extended leadership teams including Sales, Product Management, and Engineering leaders to ensure proper alignment
- Experience navigating complex accounts, and closing deals as a technical resource for your customers
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Basic understanding of electrical and diagnostic systems
- Hands on experience and interest in working with one or more of the following: vehicles, machinery, robotics, or any other electrical systems
- Experience with the following concepts: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Experience managing a technical team, ideally in a sales engineering capacity
- Consistent track record selling complex technical solutions
- Understanding of vehicle diagnostic systems, including CAN bus and/or ECM data transfer
- Work experience in software development using Java and/or Python, or related language
- Work experience building solutions leveraging Open API’s
- Build, grow, and enable talented Commercial and Mid Market Sales Engineering teams to be successful presenting Samsara’s technology to prospects
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Discover, vet, and communicate prospect requirements to Product and Development teams with proper prioritization on behalf of the SE Team
- Manage cross-functional technical projects and initiatives that benefit from SE involvement
- Effectively manage and be comfortable with change in a hyper-growth start-up environment
- Solve technical pre-sales escalations and remove technical roadblocks
- Participate in IoT hardware deployment and installation with customers
- Setup and configure SaaS dashboard per customer requirements
- Develop custom reporting and integrations via our API
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.