Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Accountant interested in getting involved in the early stages of an IoT tech startup. Our ideal candidate has experience in a fast-growing startup environment, has an understanding of both hardware and subscription services offerings, has a good knowledge of operational accounting and process, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate is able to exhibit a high attention to detail as well as strong collaborative and communication skills across the organisation, as well as to external relationships.
Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company. This is a full-time position at our office in London, and includes stock options, medical, dental, and a competitive package
● Daily accounting for the team including accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense
reimbursement, purchasing requests, etc.
● Month end close work papers including system, bank, and credit card reconciliations, accrual
calculations, deferred revenue release, fixed asset reconciliations and adjustments.
● Preparing and maintaining payroll reconciliations, including working with internal payroll team and
external service providers
● Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
● Preparation of ERP journal entries for review
● Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
● Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
● Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
● Assistance with strengthening and maintaining internal controls
● Assistance with audits/accounts preparation
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Other projects when required
● Responding to questions from non-finance staff
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or part qualified ACCA or other relevant bodies
● 2+ years general accounting experience
● Knowledge of operational accounting processes
● Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
● Strong ability to prioritise and organise work effectively
● Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
● Experience in NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills would be a distinct advantage
● Must be flexible in their approach
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.