Samsara is searching for a resourceful and ambitious Corporate Counsel to help build the legal team. In this role, you will be Samsara’s first attorney hire in the European Union based in our London office. As the first hire, you will take on a range of legal work, including privacy, contracts, intellectual property, product counselling, and employment issues. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and capable of managing a big workload. You’re comfortable negotiating complex deals and crystallising agreed-upon terms in written contracts. You can take ownership of a vaguely-defined objective and drive it forward to achieve an optimal outcome. Your diligence, judgment, and discretion make you a trusted counterpart in sensitive environments.
This role requires an independent yet collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and that can work across multiple teams. We value individuals that are always questioning and iterating so that the best idea wins. We want you to be a force-multiplier; making those around you more effective. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are comfortable in stressful situations. You focus on the details, and you also have the broad vision to bring large and multi-stepped projects to completion.
- Draft and negotiate contracts of all types, including large scale enterprise software license agreements.
- Answer questions and offer legal advice on a wide range of legal issues across the company.
- Exercise initiative and creativity in solving challenges and accomplishing business goals.
- Support ad hoc legal requests of almost every size and type.
- Work with leadership to drive strategic business and legal initiatives across the company.
- Attorney in good standing in the United Kingdom, Germany, or France
- 6+ years of experience in a law firm or in-house position
- Excellent communicator, project manager, and team player
- Highly proactive self-starter who consistently delivers
- Adaptable, flexible and creative
- Aptitude for maintaining strong working cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex legal transactions and drive them to close
- Experience with counselling non-lawyers on complex legal issues in a fast-paced environment
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident, mature, and calm under fire
- Desired: expertise in EU data privacy law
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.