Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s New Products Team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers with a spectrum of challenges across industries including manufacturing, energy, and utilities. Our suite of IoT products help customers monitor manufacturing processes to improve efficiency, deploy cameras for real time quality inspection, and view and automate remote operations.
As a Product Designer within Samsara’s New Products Team, you will design features and user interfaces that our customers use every day to run their infrastructure. We’re looking for someone who is excited to shape the experience of our products for people across the country. This involves talking to users, working with engineers and product managers to understand problems, rapidly designing and iterating on mocks and user flows, and communicating ideas effectively to stakeholders. You will lead the entire design process but also have other designers to collaborate with to ensure a consistent and cohesive product experience.
As a Senior Product Designer - New Products may work on:
- A user interface that allows a plant manager to leverage a smart camera mounted on a manufacturing line to see production quality metrics in real time.
- A dashboard that allows a water utility to see and manage hundreds of pumps and facilities so as to ensure consistent delivery of clean water to millions of customers.
- A flexible interface to allow industrial customers to build their own dashboards for operational visibility across all their operations
- A mobile app that allows operations managers to see and interact with their remote facilities from any device
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 5+ years of industry experience
- Enjoy understanding our users and what would make their day to day processes easier
- Have a portfolio showcasing excellent design skills, product thinking, and problem solving
- Comfortable working in a fast paced design / build / ship / refine environment where we seek to release features quickly and refine over time
- Seek to iterate on new products based on customer feedback
- Be adept at simplifying complicated technologies to deliver easy to use interfaces
- Be experienced with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Show excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be humble and motivated to ship the best product
- Demonstrate proficiency with HTML/CSS
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.