Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and supply chain. Everyone here has a big impact on bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers. We are hiring for various experience levels based in our San Francisco HQ.
An Electrical Engineering Manager may work on:
- Supporting team level objectives as well as individual contributors
- Deriving technical specifications based on product level requirements
- Owning architecture selection, electrical design, and validation
- Supporting Sourcing and Procurement teams to vet supply chain and production partners
- Validating design through functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing
- Setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up and traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- Researching technologies and scope development opportunities
- Communicating cross-functionally to deliver a successful product to market
- Leading large projects from idea to positive execution
- Working closely with FW, ME and Ops leads
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hiring, developing, and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, and 5+ years of related industry experience
- Leadership experience as a technical people manager for more than a year
- Experience with embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C, CAN and UART), sensor design, low power design, various RF technologies
- Experience with eCAD tools
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including the ability to design and verify circuits
- Experience taking a product from design to full product release
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.