Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
At Samsara, we believe in using storytelling to connect with our audiences. Our Internet of Things solution -- which includes fleet technologies ranging from dash cameras that detect distracted driving to temperature monitors that detect a freezer malfunction in a truck carrying ice cream – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter, which provides us with so many compelling real-world stories to tell. We are seeking a collaborative and business-savvy Content Leader to build and lead a team of content creators, and to develop a center of excellence for written content at Samsara.
The Head of Content Marketing will work on:
- Define our content strategy: Define brand voice/tone and narrative/editorial approach for all types of content production. Define content strategy to address business challenges and to engage a variety of different audiences.
- Drive high-quality, high-velocity production of content, including blog posts, website/email copy, SEO pages, video scripts and storyboards, white papers/e-books, customer case studies, thought leadership pieces, etc.
- Measure content effectiveness: Utilize campaign metrics to refine content strategy and copy.
- Enable other stakeholders: Facilitate effective collaboration of the Content team with other teams such as Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Events, and Design.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years experience managing a team of writers as direct reports
- 8+ years of professional writing experience and a portfolio of engaging content
- Exceptional writing, editing, and storytelling skills paired with creative vision, strong project management and prioritization, and a results-driven mindset
- Investment in using analytics to determine impact and effectiveness of content programs
- Experience with SEO and/or writing for a B2B audiences is a plus
- Bias-to-action and strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- High attention to detail, but able to focus on the bigger picture
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, from individual contributors to executive staff
- Equal investment in getting things done and in helping your team members grow
- BA in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field preferred
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.