Samsara’s Internet of Things solution – which includes fleet technologies ranging from GPS tracking to route optimization to AI-powered dash cameras – is being adopted by thousands of new customers every quarter, helping them improve the safety, efficiency, and quality of their operations. We are seeking a collaborative and business-savvy content leader to build and manage a team of content creators, and to develop a center of excellence for written content at Samsara.
- Build the team -- Hire and lead a growing team of content marketers, mentoring them to develop as writers and as strategic revenue contributors. Inspire your team to take on new challenges, move quickly, deliver high-quality content that resonates, and feel accountable to grow the business.
- Define our content strategy – Define brand voice/tone and narrative/editorial approach for all types of content production, to best meet project goals and support business needs and to engage a variety of different audiences.
- Drive high-quality, high-velocity production of content – including blog posts, website/email copy, SEO pages, video scripts and storyboards, white papers/e-books, customer case studies/videos, thought leadership pieces, company guidebooks, campaign taglines, marketing brochures/solution guides, etc. Lead large-scale projects or serve as an individual contributor, as needed.
- Measure content effectiveness – Utilize campaign metrics to refine content strategy and copy.
- Enable other stakeholders -- Facilitate effective collaboration of the Content team with other teams such as Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Events, and Design.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years experience managing a team of writers as direct reports
- 8+ years of professional writing experience and a portfolio of engaging content
- Exceptional writing, editing, and storytelling skills paired with creative vision, strong project management and prioritization, and a results-driven mindset
- Investment in using analytics to determine impact and effectiveness of content programs
- Experience with SEO and/or writing for a B2B audiences is a plus
- Bias-to-action and strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked
- Passion for working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- High attention to detail, but able to focus on the bigger picture
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, from individual contributors to executive staff
- Equal investment in getting things done and in helping your team members grow
- BA in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.