Samsara hardware products are plug and play, and core to the product portfolio. The hardware team is responsible for industrial design, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and supply chain. Everyone on the team has a large impact in bringing products to market. We focus on the key creative/design/problem-solving and bolster our development resources with top JDMs, toolmakers, and suppliers.
The Data Analytics Engineering Intern is will own and lead projects from end-to-end. You’ll dive into complex datasets to analyze trends, identify opportunities and quantify the potential value of new products and initiatives. This role is dynamic in that you will be responsible for collecting, scoping, implementing and extracting learnings from large datasets for the engineering and operations team!
- Use best practices to build data architecture and combine multiple data streams so that our business users can read results in SQL, Big Query and one-off reports.
- Use a data-driven, user-centric approach to grow and optimize the business
- Manage multiple projects with shifting priorities ensuring delivery of updates and releases by aggressive deadlines.
- Identifying, analyzing and reporting on performance and KPIs such as device field performance metrics, manufacturing data, cohort analyses, demand planning, returns metrics etc.
- Provide data to operations and engineering teams to size and quantify product changes.
- Help optimize team efficiency by refining our supply/demand matching
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in the business through data
- Proliferate a data-driven culture
- Studying a major focused on analytics, data science or statistics
- Strong applied analytics - you love data, gleaning insights from data, and making decisions based on data
- Comfortable with both engineering data and business analytics
- Experience with mySQL (or similar), R and Python
- Experience with Google Analytics and Tableau
- Quantitative analysis - you have experience extracting, manipulating, and analyzing large data sets using SQL(or graphQL) and understand basic statistics; experience with advanced visualization tools is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - effectively presenting insights is as important as the insights themselves
- Can work cross-functionally, particularly with engineering, product and growth teams
- Creative, scrappy
- Excellent quantitative and data analytics skills
- Team-player: we rely on each other to be candid, supportive, hardworking and genuine
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.