Samsara is looking for a Director, Employee Experience to lead our Employee Experience team (5 People Partners plus 2 Programs Managers). This is a chance for an expert in people management to drive team impact across the employee population at scale.
The People Team is instrumental in shaping Samsara’s culture and organizational habits, such as great people management behaviors, two-way feedback, cross-company communication, goal-setting, and ensuring all new hires are set up for success. Through our hypergrowth, the team creates, iterates, and “archives” programs for each new stage of the company. As Samsara looks to add over 1000 people to a global population this year, it’s a business challenge that comes once in a career.
This is a full time position at our office in Potrero Hill, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits.
- Employee Experience Design: Create a vision to shape our Employee Experience Team. Design & iterate our programs and processes to create amazing “moments that matter” across the employee journey.
- Team Growth and Development: Hire, develop, and lead a high performing People Ops / Employee Experience Team
- Scale Our Culture: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Challenge Yourself) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Build Programs to Attract and Develop our Talent: As Samsara is constantly evolving, evaluate and execute on current people programs (employee survey, performance management, etc.) to keep a high performance culture. Pilot new programs (social impact, wellness, performance management, employee development, etc) to create a compelling employee value proposition.
- Diversity & Inclusion Efforts: Drive training and outcomes for diversity & inclusion efforts across the candidate & employee experience. Support initiatives that create a place where all can belong.
- 10+ years experience in People Operations; preferably in fast growing companies
- Outstanding people leadership skills in hiring and developing talent
- Ability to build credibility at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.