Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux -based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras. We are passionate about solving new customer challenges and expanding our portfolio of available offerings.
Samsara’s Industrial Team operates as a startup within a startup and is designed to iterate extremely quickly to deliver new products for new customers with a spectrum of challenges across industries including manufacturing, energy, and utilities. As part of delivering new product lines to new markets, the Industrial Team discovers and identifies new customer challenges and structures solutions and new product families to meet those challenges.
Iterating and testing new software and hardware quickly, predictably, and rigorously is critical to expanding into new markets with new products. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work in an embedded manner with our Engineering & Product teams, and help ensure rapid delivery of high-quality products to our customers.
This role requires someone to become an expert on the leading edge of the newest products that Samsara is offering and iterate quickly with the Product Manager and Engineering Leads to:
- Define product quality goals and improve test coverage
- Discover and characterize bugs
- Document product performance
- Structure and experiment tests and test plans based on new and experimental product capabilities
- Be hands on with a variety of simulated (and sometimes real) industrial customer machines and environments
- Creatively solve technical problems by structuring lab tests that match customer environments
- Understand product performance characteristics and use that understanding to troubleshoot technical unknowns
- Build tools to automate testing and increase our release velocity
An candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, with programming experience and/or academic coursework in Computer Science, EE, or Computer Engineering
- Interest in expanding their technical knowledge and working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Strong spoken and written language skills for effective collaboration with various teams
An ideal candidate also has:
- Hands-on / tinkering experience with a variety of technical and mechanical projects or platforms and demonstrated passion for learning new technologies and diving deep into how products and machines really work
- Experience working with PLCs, RTUs, industrial automation equipment and/or sensors
- 1-2 years of experience in a technical role
- Prior experience with testing methodologies, debugging, etc.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.