Samsara is seeking a talented and driven Sales Director to oversee, mentor, and support our Inside Sales Managers of Small and Midsize Businesses.
Samsara is looking for an experienced Director to lead our Mid Market Sales team. Ideal candidates are data-driven, organized, excellent problem-solvers, strong communicators, and results-oriented.They also thrive in fast-paced, high-energy environments and enjoy the challenges that rapid growth creates. Candidates should have a proven track record of driving impactful sales improvements through vision and execution. We are looking for professionals who think strategically about our company’s growth in conjunction with individual rep and manager performance. In addition, candidates should have a strong ability to train, lead and motivate sales managers. This position is based in San Jose, CA.
- Strategic problem solving, project management, interpersonal and team management skills
- 4+ years sales experience
- 2-3+ years experience managing a team
- Solid understanding of SFDC
• Performance management to achieve individual and team targets
• Finding new and innovative ways to exceed business goals
• Develop and implement training programs for sales staff
• Motivate frontline professionals that leads to the build and future of the company
• Working directly with Global VP of Mid Market Sales
• Leader with exceptional business decision-making skills and understands the importance of the key responsibilities mentioned above
• Ability to build relationships and rapport with Senior and Executive Leadership team as well as their direct reports at the front-line level
• Fostering close relationships with the Account Executive team
• Experience leading an Inside sales organization for 3+ years
• Experience in recruiting an effective team of Sales Representatives
• Exceptional skills with Salesforce
• Coaching reps to success and upward movement in their career
• Metrics oriented to manage frontline sales:
• Call volume to lead generation
• Qualify-out deals as quickly as qualify in
• Pipeline build/generation
In your first week, you'll:
- Travel to Samsara HQ in San Francisco for a week of New Hire Training
- Attend a variety of different onboarding sessions, where you'll: receive a thorough introduction to our leadership team. be immersed in our product offerings and meet our CEO, Sanjit Biswas, in a "Samsara 101" class
- Meet your team and fellow new hire cohort
- Shadow cold-calls, product demos, etc.
- ...and so much more!
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.