As Partner Account Manager: Insurance, you'll own the sourcing, structure, and business development relationships with individual carriers and brokers in Samsara’s emerging Insurance Channel. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role in which you will work with insurance organizations of all shapes and sizes to take the Internet of Things to market, enabling Samsara to scale its fleet business and bring the benefits of sensor data to customers via a massive new channel. Activities will include relationship building and management from the C-suite down, program building and execution, marketing, training and enablement of Agents and Producers, and data oriented practice development done in high-touch collaboration with Samsara’s insurance partners.
This position is based in our San Francisco HQ location.
- 3+ years sales experience with consistent, documented overachievement
- 2+ years partnership/channel management experience
- Experience in building/running channel marketing campaigns
- Experience with building and running sales training and enablement programs
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
- Referenceable experience building, executing and iterating on measurable engagements from the ground-up
Job function/tactical activities
- Sourcing new insurers
- Cold-calling/LinkedIn outreach
- Reactive opportunity engagement - Customer led insurance convo’s
- Response to organic inquiries
- RFP/RFI responses
- Managing marketing campaigns
- Creating template emails/content
- a/b testing
- Effective measurement of campaigns
- Co-branded tool management
- Agent/Producer trainings
- In-person conference training
- Virtual/Remote working training
- Agent resource for one-off demo’s (prior to referral submission)
- Drive for data share adoption
- Push insurers to access customer data through data share agreement
- Collaboration of premium pricing
- (this will be what makes us stick in this space)
- Internal tool build & management
- Insurer/Broker premium reduction visibility tools
- High touch relationship management/bespoke program creation
- Progressive, Great West, Travelers, etc.
In your first week, you'll:
- Travel to Samsara HQ in San Francisco for a week of New Hire Training
- Attend a variety of different onboarding sessions, where you'll: receive a thorough introduction to our leadership team. be immersed in our product offerings and meet our CEO, Sanjit Biswas, in a "Samsara 101" class
- Meet your team and fellow new hire cohort
- Shadow cold-calls, product demos, etc.
- ...and so much more!
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.