About this Job
Samsara is looking for an HR Operations Manager to join our team! In this role, you will own and drive two key projects for our People Ops team - global expansion and HRIS implementation.
In just three years’ time, Samsara’s grown to 600 employees and looking to add our next 1000. We have one global hub in the UK and will be expanding to several other countries in the coming year(s). In this role, you will own and continually improve our approach to launching and expanding in new regions both domestically and globally. This will include all elements of global expansion - compliance, benefits, compensation, employee experience, etc. The best candidate will have a strong background across HR - both backend operations and frontend employee experience.
All Samsara decisions are made with data. As we scale, we need to ensure we have the best infrastructure in order to collect, audit, update and analyze our people data. You will scope and execute Samsara’s transition from our current HRIS system to the one that will support us at scale. In parallel, you will ensure the right controls are developed and maintained to ensure data integrity on our current HRIS systems.
This is a full time position at our office in the Mission district of San Francisco, and includes stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, vision benefits. Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company.
You believe that you can tackle anything that comes your way. You’re organized and quickly notice when a process hasn’t been set up perfectly and efficiently. You can't wait to learn the inner workings of a fast-growing tech company. You're willing to roll-up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. You're excited to join a team where you can make a huge impact. You thrive in fun, friendly, fast-paced environments.You have a passion for all things People Ops / HR and are looking for a role with lots of exposure and growth opportunity.
Global Expansion: Own expansion of HR Operations domestically and globally. You will ensure that the entire stack of HR Ops is setup intentionally with each new city and country - from employment compliance to benefits to employee experience.
HRIS: Project manage large-scale, multi-month HRIS implementation from initial scoping to evaluation to implementation.
HR Controls: Develop and regularly audit HR controls to ensure correct access and data integrity.
- 5+ years experience in HR in fast-growing, global companies
- Must have stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong public speaking skills and be comfortable in front of large audiences
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”