Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux -based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras. Our work philosophy involves rapid product iteration; because all of our devices are internet-connected, we have access to thorough feedback and telemetry on how well our software performs in the field. We’re at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks, and are seeking Sales Engineers to own technical pre-sales for our Mid Market customers and bring our technology to market. This position is based in Atlanta, GA.
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pains and requirements to proposed solutions
- Working in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Hardware deployment and installation
- SaaS dashboard setup and advanced use
- Mobile device and application
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Minimum 1+ years experience working with customers in a pre-sales or support capacity
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation and control systems
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
In your first week, you'll:
- Travel to Samsara HQ in San Francisco for a week of New Hire Training
- Attend a variety of different onboarding sessions, where you'll: receive a thorough introduction to our leadership team. be immersed in our product offerings and meet our CEO, Sanjit Biswas, in a "Samsara 101" class
- Meet your team and fellow new hire cohort
- Shadow cold-calls, product demos, etc.
- ...and so much more!
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.