Are you looking to help lead one of the fastest growing startups in history? Samsara is an IoT company valued at over $1B and growing at over 250% annually. We are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial person to help drive our fast-growing mid-market and enterprise businesses.
Working closely with a senior management team that has successfully built and exited a billion-dollar business, you'll drive cross-functional programs and lead new company initiatives such as scaling our revenue-generating organization, entering new markets, and leading planning and analysis activities to help steer the company's exponential growth.This is a critical role where you will work cross-functionally with our Sales, Finance, Operations, Marketing, and Product teams to drive key initiatives across the business. This role provides broad exposure across critical strategic initiatives, serving as an excellent entry point to Samsara with multiple progression paths and development opportunities. This role requires excellent data and analytical skills, entrepreneurialism, and leadership. Final title will be based on applicant's experience level.
- Leading a team of up to 7 Operations Analysts and hiring additional team members
- Developing an unprecedented depth of understanding of our key revenue performance metrics; rigorously owning the detailed single source of truth of all sales reporting
- Defining and advising on KPIs that help manage sales performance from an individual sales representative level up through a global sales team level
- Translating hiring plans and performance goals into the company’s operating model to connect revenue metrics to our financial projections, understand impacts to cash flows, and determine path to profitability
- Owning analysis, reporting, and insights that support strategic initiatives including customer retention, sales forecasting, and go-to-market operations
- Quickly tackling sales process friction in the moment, while developing long-term solutions
- Visualizing and implementing processes needed to scale our fast-growing sales team
- Strong leadership skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end, management experience at leading teams of more than 3 people
- Deep understanding of Excel or equivalent analytical tools, 2-8 years of experience in a top consulting firm, investment banking, or similar business operations role
- Strong written communication and presentation skills, demonstrated ability to work with a diverse set of teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top university; finance, economic, business, or engineering focus is a plus
- Previous experience in working with a large sales team, analyzing sales performance data, or financial planning is preferred but not required
- Curiosity and initiative to solve major questions across the company with a data-driven approach