Samsara is looking for a problem-solving Facilities Project Coordinator interested in getting involved in a high-growth IoT tech startup.
The Facilities Project Coordinator will report to the Facilities Manager and will help with budgeting, scheduling, and execution of projects, vendor management, cultural events and all aspects of Facilities at Samsara. The successful candidate must be comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as a visionary, internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect and implementer. Collaboration, successful communication and operating in a past-paced environment to develop creative solutions and deliver high quality services to employees, while having fun is the cornerstone of this role. As part of the Places team you will be a liaison between Facilities Team,,vendors and internal customers to ensure a functional, beautiful, and fun workplace.
This is a full-time opportunity at our office in the Potrero Hill district of San Francisco, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock, 401(k) match, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Assist in project management as needed for facilities build-outs and own various
projects in existing buildings
- Be the coordinator of event spaces in SF, the requirements of each event and schedules/timing for multiple events happening in one space throughout a day or week.
- Work with event planners/owners to define their needs, make sure Places Team sets up the venue correctly and then resets, or turns over, the furniture and space for on-site events like All Hands, marketing events, large customer events and internal cultural events with all things Facilities and Workplace
- Some understanding of lease terms, TI's, and success navigating in a tenant and property management relationship
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and general construction
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the needs of the clients to align with the business goals of Samsara
- Customer service support related to guest management, catering, event set up, move support and special business needs
- Actively support an environment of teamwork, cooperation, performance excellence, and personal success
- POs and budgeting
- Identify opportunities for improved operation and service excellence, making recommendations for conduct site inspections and assessments to ensure all building procedures and performance measures are maintained at all times and the provision of a safe workplace.
- 4+ years experience in Facilities or Office Management
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Schedule-oriented and ability to achieve deliverables on schedule
- Budgeting and planning
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Proficiency in Google Suite/Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree