Samsara is looking for a Sales Compensation System Analyst, interested in helping steer a fast-growing IoT startup. This role can be based in either our San Francisco or San Jose office.
You will be responsible for supporting the compensation needs of our global sales organization through managing our commission system and reporting. You will play an integral role in maintaining calculation rules as well as assisting in UAT, system changes for the new fiscal year, change of business direction within the commission system, reconciliations as needed, and, from time to time, training new sales hires for the sales incentive system. You will also assist in implementing plans on an ongoing basis as well as launching the new fiscal year, performing accounting and close responsibilities, as well as fielding queries from the sales people and any reporting enhancements/requests.
You will have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and are comfortable interacting with all levels, including Executive Management, Sales, Finance, and Sales Operations leaders and colleagues. You are comfortable juggling tasks and able to work productively in a fast-paced, team- oriented environment with a great attitude. You are able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information supporting a rapidly changing organization. You will have a level of integrity and drive to get things done.
You're a self-starter who can recognize where processes can be improved and who will take the initiative to improve them. Using your strong communication skills, you'll effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and scope. You're also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your managers, business partners and their projects. When circumstances demand, you'll provide strategic support – such as evaluating data or resolving minor operational issues – with your manager's guidance. You have the ability to perform flawlessly and professionally in a challenging and extremely fast-paced environment – along with the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand.
• Maintain and help run the Sales Incentive Compensation System (Xactly Incent)
• Support our Sales organization in any and all compensation related matters in our commission tool & reporting
• Work with other system integration projects
• Work on special projects such as process improvements, data and presentations, SOX requirements, report building
• Support sales inquiries
• Keep the company in compliance with existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation
• BA or BS degree (advanced degree a plus).
• 3+ years experience designing, implementing and managing complex compensation systems and programs for rapidly growing and international businesses.
• Experience working in high-growth, performance focused environments and administering complex programs
• Deep interest in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making.
• Strong Knowledge of an Incentive System (Xactly Incent), Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
• Excellent communications skills.