Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
TPMs at Samsara are both strategic and tactical and do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business. This position is based in our San Francisco HQ.
As a Technical Program Manager on our Core Fleet team, you may work on:
- Driving execution through rapid iteration with engineering and product leaders.
- Removing roadblocks and identifying efficiencies to help the engineering teams run faster.
- Leading cross team and cross-functional projects and initiatives of tactical and strategic importance. This includes building consensus and ensuring accountability.
- Interfacing with engineers, engineering managers, product design, and product management to keep projects on track and everyone aligned to strategic goals.
- Actively working with stakeholders to keep priorities clear and enable engineering team to focus on projects that drive the most business value.
- Communicating broadly to engineering and senior leadership on goals, progress, and process efficiencies.
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate:
- Has experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver highly complex projects with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment.
- Is able to communicate technical problems and solutions clearly to diverse audiences.
- Operates autonomously in situations of ambiguity with high level direction.
- Has BS or MS degree in Computer Science or prior engineering experience or relevant experience and 3+ years of experience in program or project management.
- Plan and coordinate major programs in our mobile application that span many teams and organizations.
- Plan and coordinate major time-bound external commitments.
- Plan, coordinate and drive the development, certification and deployment of our Canada ELD solution.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, and people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.