Samsara is looking for an execution driven Facilities Project Manager to support the rapidly growing “Samsara Village” across multiple sites (San Francisco, San Jose, Atlanta and London).
The Facilities Project Manager plays a key role in ensuring Samsara’s real estate is designed and built out according to the business’ needs. You will be responsible for supporting Samsara’s growth by overseeing expansion projects and ensuring positive employee experience by implementing feedback into the physical space.
Our ideal candidate is execution and data driven to ensure deliverables are met, thrives in a fast paced working environment, and enjoys managing projects to create a productive, fun, and secure office space.
Samsara is a fast-growing environment where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company. This is a full time position at our office on Potrero Hill, and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Responsible for managing facilities construction projects from 30,000 sq ft to 150,000+ sq ft, use your experience and skills to make timelines and budgets more efficient.
- Coordinate all aspects of the project, including the design, permitting, budget, and schedule. Engage with the Architect, Contractor, and other project team members to meet the project objectives and resolve issues. Document the status of the project, all meetings and correspondence as a means to properly communicate within the project team and develop the project documents. Construction manage like a boss.
- Enjoy working with a Facilities and Workplace team to own a project from lease signing to Day 2 of occupancy and beyond.
- Occasionally dive into internal projects, events and improvements where your skills and interests might be helpful
- You will also act as a mentor to team members who are developing skills and interest in project management.
- Quickly troubleshoot and problem solve facilities related incidents
- Manage relationships with property management, facilities vendors, contractors, GCs and building engineers. Stay in tune with stakeholders and Samsara’s culture to keep projects on target.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience in Facilities / Project Management
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes, scheduling, as well as a thorough knowledge of industry practices.
- Experience with managing projects remotely.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of completing projects successfully
- Customer-service orientation with goal of creating a great employee experience and driving staff productivity
- Experience on projects with multiple permit packages, contracts and construction phases.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as business. presentation skills and ability to communicate complex issues.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.