Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of IoT sensors and software to improve industrial efficiency, safety and quality at a massive scale. As a Test Automation Engineer, you will work in an embedded manner with our Engineering & Product teams, and help ensure rapid delivery of high-quality products to our customers.
This is a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company and have an outsized impact in different aspects of the business. This is a full time position at our office in the Potrero Hill district of San Francisco, and includes stock options, 401(k), medical, dental and vision benefits.
This role will involve:
- Partnering with Product and Engineering to define product quality goals and design automation infrastructure to improve test coverage and release velocity
- Developing frameworks, tools and automated tests that span the full-stack including web, mobile, platform, and embedded to test our world class IoT solution
- Rapidly identifying, characterizing, and triaging reported bugs with Engineering
- Running functional, integration, and other real world tests of mobile app, cloud app, and hardware devices
- Developing test plans, procedures, and processes for continually improving quality
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
We're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field, Computer Science coursework preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in Quality Assurance, Engineering and preferably startup experience
- 3+ years test automation experience required
- Strong understanding of CI/CD processes and tools
- Strong technical understanding of distributed systems, ability to learn quickly and establish credibility with engineers
- Bias-to-action, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with teams from diverse backgrounds
- Expertise in full-stack test automation that includes web, mobile, platform and embedded/device for IoT products is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.