Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
We are seeking a dynamic product marketing leader to help accelerate the adoption of our technology by the market, and establish Samsara’s position as the leader in connected fleets.
In this role, you’ll lead the product marketing team responsible for all of our fleet product families, marketing solutions ranging from route optimization to driver safety to preventative maintenance. You’ll help to lead strategic new marketing initiatives such as new product launches and pushes into new geographies and verticals. As a leader within the company, you’ll directly manage and grow the product marketing team, and will help develop the short- and long-term go-to-market plan. You’ll partner with PM and outbound marketing teams to maximize Marketing’s impact on revenue growth, and help to bring a disruptive new technology to an industry that’s ripe for innovation.
The Director of Product Marketing will work on:
- Story Telling: Ability to communicate Samsara’s vision to diverse audiences, and to span messaging from high-level value propositions to feature-level product differentiation.
- Customer Focus: In prior roles, demonstrates an excellent knowledge of the customer, the competition, and how a technology uniquely solves that customer’s problems.
- Sales Enablement: Develop industry narratives, playbooks and full funnel programs to empower a rapidly growing sales force to close more deals, faster, and at a higher lifetime value. Proven track record in developing highly effective sales presentations and collateral.
- Creativity: Thrives in an environment without a set playbook, is excited to build a scalable, high-impact product marketing team that drives growth across the company.
- Scale: Ability to hit the ground running, while being able to build, and scale a team for the future. Possess exceptional ability to work cross functionally, with marketing, growth, sales, product and executive leadership.
- Leadership: Track record of hiring and developing strong talent; “leads from the front”, with deep knowledge of operational details, project management process, and a willingness to get hands dirty.
- Integrated Marketing: Track record of close partnership with growth and demand generation teams to driving sales growth through marketing.
- Insights: Develop insights on user data, account data, voice of the customer, and campaign effectiveness through reports or research. Works with business partners to translate insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible business results.
- GTM: Helps define the strategy, goals and measurement methods for cohesive cross- functional plans that enable winning execution for customer acquisition, engagement, upsell and retention.
- Product Expert & Presenting: Be a product spokesperson, both internally and externally, and one of our points of contact for analysis relations. Explain the Samsara vision, and demo our product at briefing and events; showcasing the best of Samsara to our customers.
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would have:
- Experience marketing in an enterprise technology sales cycle; familiar with inside and field sales, SDR programs, and outbound marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of software. Experience with wireless systems, analytics, or big data are a plus.
- Expert-level public speaking. Comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences, large and small.
- Strong messaging skills. Ability to create or edit content at an expert level.
- Comfortable engaging with trade press and industry analysts
- Track record of hiring and leading top product marketing talent
- Undergraduate degree; a technical undergraduate degree is a big plus, and an MBA is a nice-to-have.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.