Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About this role:
We are a fast-paced, creative, and customer-oriented team with employees in San Francisco, Atlanta, and London. We are looking for a senior manager to lead our North American order processing. This opportunity requires an individual who holds the customer experience as paramount and thinks across groups to enable an operation that runs like clockwork.
Our customers range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. It is a high growth business that demands operational enhancements in process, application and business systems automation. Candidates must be demonstrated leaders as this is a larger team spread over 2 locations.
In this role, you will:
- Manage order processing, on-time delivery, sales support, and returns processing, all by performance metrics
- Manage a team of 8-12 Operations Specialists located in San Francisco and Atlanta responsible for inbound and outbound operations
- Mentor, train and develop direct reports to elevate skills for team and individual career progression
- Act as liaison for various cross functional teams including Sales, Customer Success, Technical Support, Finance, Logistics and Business Operations
Minimum qualifications for this role:
- Domain expertise in sales order processing for B2B business like SaaS, hardware, or software products
- 5+ years experience as an operations people manager, or relevant experience in operations field required
- B.A./B.S. required, preferably in a business or operations discipline
- Experience managing a team across multiple time zones
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with multiple teams and publishing documentation
- Familiarity with many business systems solutions for order modifications and handling fulfillment transactions between applications
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice except for employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021, full list of locations here. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen except for field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.