Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Sales Operations Analyst interested in helping steer a fast-growing IoT start-up. Working closely with a senior management team that has successfully built and exited a billion-dollar business, you will help grow and scale our global revenue-generating operations, increase sales efficiency, and develop new business processes. This is a multi-faceted role where you will work cross-functionally with our sales team, finance, operations, marketing, and product teams. We are seeking people with a passion for helping others and who are eager to take on a variety of projects in a dynamic environment. This position is based in our London office.
The Sales Operations Analyst will work on:
- Providing comprehensive sales operational support, including but not limited to territory management, account and opportunity management, and support case responses
- Quickly solving sales process pain points in the moment, while developing long-term solutions
- Partnering with our Sales Leaders to develop strategies to enable our fast-growing sales team to scale effectively, including organisational structure plans and necessary sales processes
- Identifying opportunities for process optimisation, process redesign, or development of new process/policies; develop operational measurements to identify business process issues and provide recommendations and solutions to business challenges
- Overseeing governance of all Sales Policies across a global sales team; run routine audits to verify compliance at all levels
- Assisting with administering all sales systems, including SFDC, telephone queues, 3rd party software providers, and proprietary software tools
- Assisting with developing and leading training sessions as part of our new sales hire on boarding program
- Working cross-functionally with other business process owners to ensure changes to SFDC and other sales systems are consistent with business needs
- Building and maintaining key documentation regarding our policies, sale processes, and requirements
An ideal candidate would have:
- Strong organisational skills and business judgment with the ability to handle projects independently end-to-end
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to understand sales policies and processes at a company and individual sales rep level
- Previous experience with Salesforce in an administrator capacity
- 2-7 years of experience in a sales operations role, preferably at technology companies with a sales team of 200+ people; or experience in similar growth or operations roles in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economic, business, or engineering focus is a plus; MBA is optional
- Proven problem solving and communication skills are required, and a quantitative or technical background is a big plus
- Experience writing scripts, SQL, Python is a plus but not required
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.