Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious customer support engineer to help Samsara's rapidly-growing Internet of Things solution. Samsara works with a wide range of industrial companies ranging from commercial transportation firms to oil and gas companies and large-scale food producers, so our support team will need to be smart and flexible enough to support many different types of customers. In a typical day, you may go from helping a customer figure out the right way to connect to the onboard computer of a Freightliner truck to using sensor data to automate traditional pen-and-paper operations.
Our ideal candidate has a technical background, has spent 1-2 years in a technical support organisation, and understands the day-to-day aspects of customer support - managing tickets, building a knowledge base, and providing feedback to engineering.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical interests and experiences, from hacking on Raspberry Pis to home automation, building gaming computers, and even theatre lighting. We're looking for technically minded builders to join our fast-growing team, where you can have a big impact on the success of the product and the company. This position is based in London, UK.
- Maintaining a support ticket queue and responding to customers in a helpful and timely way
- Creating and maintaining customer-facing knowledge-base articles
- Working closely with engineering to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary
- Mentoring new hires as the organisation grows quickly
- College graduate with a technical degree or equivalent hands-on experience (Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience in technical support
- Strong spoken and written language skills for working with high-value customers and publishing documentation
- Interest in working in a fast-growing environment with changing responsibilities
- Experience with industrial systems, electronics, tinkering with cars, or similar hands-on work is a plus
- Must be currently located in London, UK
- Able to speak German
- Able to work flexible hours - nights and weekends a plus
Working at Samsara has its perks: monthly commuter benefit on top of your base salary, selection of breakfast options, free catered lunch on most days, private medical and dental insurance, 25 vacation days plus 8 UK bank holidays, pension scheme, unlimited snacks & fruit, growth and development opportunities, friendly and modern office in central London and regular team outings.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colours, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.