Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, and Dragoneer.
Samsara is seeking an ambitious and detail-oriented Business Systems Manager - Sales to implement and maintain software tools and help optimize our internal sales operations. This is a strategic position that includes managing and hiring a team of SFDC Developers and Admins. You should have extensive experience with Salesforce administration and development, object-oriented programming experience, data analytics or scripting (Python, Java, or R) and be able to share some personal technical projects. As the manager of our Salesforce system, you’ll have the opportunity to best enable our 700+ sales team to do their very best work by making our systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better decisions, and ultimately be more profitable.
The Manager, Business Systems -Sales will work on:
- Own Samsara’s Salesforce instance including overall architecture, processes, and integrations with other systems
- Continually improve our use of Salesforce including automating processes, identifying areas for improvement, and enabling the sales organization for hyper growth
- Hire and lead a growing team - be an incredible player-coach, help the people you work improve and get better
- Lead cross-functional technical projects with the Growth, Marketing, Finance, and Product Management teams
- Maintain Salesforce data and reliability
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate would have:
- Experience supporting an inside sales team of 500+ account executives using Salesforce Sales Cloud as their primary CRM, including optimizing user experience to reduce overall sales process friction
- Deep understanding of marketing operations and quote-to-cash systems and how they’re best integrated with Salesforce (ex: Marketo, Salesforce CPQ or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on Salesforce project requirements under short time deadlines within Salesforce instances of at least 1000+ users
- Experience implementing and managing large Salesforce projects such as transitioning to Salesforce Lightning, implementation of CPQ, and scaling lead routing solutions
- Experience with sensitive data and creating systems that meet the security and compliance needs that come with the management/ownership of sensitive data
- Excellent and proven project management and communication skills
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.