(£100K - £130K p/a)
Founded in October 2014, SAM Labs is an award-winning, VC funded edtech startup in East London which aims to inspire every student to discover the fun in coding and creating.
SAM Labs combines apps, wireless hardware blocks and bespoke education content to teach students to unleash their creative potential. With SAM Labs, create anything from a Twitter-powered car to a motion-powered lightsaber!
Due to rapid growth, we are on the hunt for a highly driven and entrepreneurial Chief Operating Officer (COO) to own strategy implementation, investor funding, finance, procurement, manufacturing, supply chain, business systems, HR and legal. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a pivotal role in this transformational phase of the company’s growth. You will be highly motivated to use your experience to deliver best-in-class, scalable and continuously improving operations, processes and policies.
We move at high speed and will provide you with immense opportunities for ownership, autonomy and creativity. You will be part of a highly international team of motivated and talented people on a mission to be key players in the future of education.
- Owning day to day operations and set the pace of the business
- Defining strategy with the senior management team and own strategic execution, tracking and reporting using OKR or similar.
- Fundraising, financial modelling, investor decks, due diligence and investor relations
- Financial management and improvement of key financial metrics
- Manage Procurement, Manufacturing and Supply Chain (both up and downstream)
- Board reporting
- Defining and implementing project management excellence (Scope, Timeline, Budget, Reporting)
- Manage and build the ops team consisting of Operations Manager, Supply Chain, Procurement and People Ops
- Final responsibility HR & Recruitment
- Be the end responsbile Legal and compliance
- Own Office management
- Have previous relevant and proven operational experience, ideally within a VC funded start-up
- Are highly commercial, financially literate, with ability to own P&L
- Have knowledge of managing back office functions including operations, demand planning, forecast, logistics, production, QC/QA, office management
- Have experience working for a small, rapid growth business and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Are highly strategic but are also willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty
- Have the ability to drill into detail, use logic and assumptions to overcome complexity to deliver practical solutions
- Have excellent writing, presenting, and conversational skills
- Have proven results in identifying, attracting, retaining, managing and leading talent
- Have proven people management skills, priority setting, managing and coaching, developing strong collaborative culture
Big plus if you also have one or more of the following qualifications and skills:
- Education, IoT or consumer electronics industry experience
- CRM / ERP experience, even more bonus points for Netsuite
- International experience
At SAM Labs we value optimism, collaboration, a sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to SAM Labs, we’d love to have you.