Key Account Manager APAC (Shanghai based)
Founded in October 2014, SAM Labs is an award-winning edtech startup in East London which aims to inspire every student to discover the fun in coding and creating. SAM Labs combines apps, wireless hardware blocks and bespoke education content to teach students to unleash their creative potential. With SAM Labs, create anything from a Twitter-powered car to a motion-powered lightsaber!
We are on the hunt for a passionate Key Account Manager to support our Greater China sales team. Based in Shanghai, you will be responsible for promoting SAM Labs’ growing education portfolio to Education Agencies ( like Education Commissions, Education Offices, Publishers … ), schools and teachers in major Chinese provinces and cities. You will be working from our Shanghai office and report into our head of APAC.
- Promotion & Representation: promote SAM Labs products to schools across China, targeting substantial sales growth. This includes carrying out extensive visits and product training. It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be on the road for 3 days per week during the sales season – visiting schools and our exclusive distributor (details below); representing SAM Labs at exhibitions, sales conferences, workshop and launch events etc.
- Distributor relationships: support the Head of APAC to ensure our local distributor is appropriately targeted and supported – with product training, marketing collateral and KPIs.
- Reporting: compile a biweekly written report summarising sales, visiting activity, product feedback from customers, teacher training requirements, competitor activity, market developments and planned activity for the next period.
- CRM: Maintain and enhance the SAM Labs database for China. This includes detailed and regular reporting on customer visits.
- Customer Support: providing best-in-class support to schools using SAM Labs across China.
- Support to the Head of APAC: providing such support as may be required. For example, the Key Account Manager may be called upon to assist in the management of high profile adoptions in China, including at Ministerial level.
Skills & Requirements
- Native Chinese speaker (essential)
- Fluent spoken and written English preferred
- Strong understanding of the Chinese school environment;
- K-12 teaching experience within the public school system is plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including Presentation, PR within the education community and Negotiation
- Digitally literate - proficiency in and enthusiasm for digital learning
- The ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders, in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to work independently
At SAM Labs we value optimism, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making the team successful. If you identify with our values and want to contribute to SAM Labs, we’d love to have you.