Sameday Health is dedicated to healthcare as a complete experience, not simply a service. Our purpose is to create healthcare that centers around the client, combining a human approach with intuitive technology. We offer quality, personalized care wherever you are including in our clinics or at your door.
Inspired by the lotus flower's ability to grow in even the toughest terrains, Sameday Health is determined to create a sense of hope and help with our clients. Since opening our first clinic in Venice, CA at the height of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Sameday team has been focused on closing gaps in the healthcare system from testing to wellness to care. Devoted to responding immediately to our client's needs, we are providing expanded same day healthcare in our locations including LA, San Francisco, New York, Miami, DC, Boston, and more.
Sameday Health serves its clients wherever and whenever it is most convenient for them. In most cases that is at home and same day.
To learn more about Sameday Health visit samedayhealth.com.
What we're looking for
Senior Backend Engineer (Functional Programming, Remote)
Leverage your functional programming skills to help defeat this virus and build the next generation of consumer health care services—accessing healthcare should be as easy as using Instagram. We’re currently testing thousands of people every day for COVID-19, with rapid turnaround PCR and instant antigen testing, and going into the new year we’re aggressively expanding to increase our capacity into the tens of thousands of tests daily. We have a ton of product features and improvements we need more brilliant and motivated engineers like you to help execute on, so we can more rapidly and effectively continue to scale while modernizing healthcare infrastructure in the United States. Once we get this virus under control—it’s just the beginning—this pandemic has revealed how broken healthcare is, while providing an opportunity to truly create transformative positive change in the way everyone accesses and experiences health care services. If this excites you—and you have the experience and eager willingness to write some Elixir with us to build this elixir of life, please get in touch!
We ship code daily. Your role involves building reliable and secure systems from day one that can handle thousands of patients daily as we scale COVID-19 testing across the United States.
- Very good allrounder experience (Backend services, RESTful APIs, API design, server-side flows)
- Excellent skills in Elixir or another functional programming language with an eagerness to fill any gaps in knowledge! (Phoenix framework, PostgresSQL, Google Cloud infra.)
- Hustling, hardworking and eager-to-ship attitude: Go above and beyond to get things done!
- Ownership: You are a self-starter and are satisfied by owning large chunks of the product roadmap.
- Ambition: You are ridiculously ambitious and want to get the most out of your life.
- Data security and encryption understanding (This is healthcare—security and compliance are critical!)
Good to Have
- Front-end experience (JS/HTML/CSS)
- The opportunity to be a part of the exciting early stages of one of the fastest growing and most ambitious health-tech startups in the world
- You’ll be able to work, innovate, and grow with a ridiculously ambitious, committed and fun team by the beach in Venice, California, with team members around the world.
- You’ll have a major impact every day, help save thousands of lives and re-open our schools, businesses, and beyond!
- SameDay benefits include significant cash compensation and additional equity or profit-share upside.