Samanage is the Service Success Company, enabling modern organizations worldwide to deliver a superior service experience to their employees. Through unprecedented agility and scalability, Samanage gives service providers the ability to rapidly and consistently deliver the services that employees need to get work done.
Speaking of scalability, Samanage is growing extremely fast and looking for a skilled Senior Accountant like you to take us through the next steps in building a financially efficient and effective organization.
The Finance & Accounting team plays a pivotal role in our mission and influences how our entire organization manages our finances. The Senior Accountant has responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, overall financial well-being within the company, and will directly contribute to our ability to continue disrupting the ITSM industry.
Here’s some more about what you’ll do and who you’ll become:
- Supervise, develop, and coach other members of the accounting and finance team.
- Assist with managing and performing (hands on) the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes.
- Scale the capabilities of the Accounting function as the business grows.
- Own and prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Bring exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Interface with outside accounting firms on audit and tax return preparation matters.
- Maintain a compliance calendar for all external reporting requirements and execute on those deliverables including, but not limited to, sales tax filings.
- Become the subject matter expert regarding procurement (PO setup through to bill payment), journal entries, expense reports, balance sheet reconciliations, and payroll.
- Use your excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively across multiple departments in a very collaborative environment.
- Administer payroll, expense reporting, and accounting policies and procedures including system implementations.
- Own revenue recognition accounting and related cost deferrals/recognition (ASC 606).
- Continue to thrive on change and new challenges.
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA license and/or Master’s Degree (accounting or finance) preferred.
- Previous Big 4 or National Tier public accounting firm audit experience (2+ years) plus experience in private industry (1+ years) preferred.
- Management or supervisory experience in accounting preferred.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and professional service revenue recognition experience preferred.
- Detailed working knowledge of GAAP
- Strong Excel skills required.
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred. Candidates with experience with cloud-based ERP / Accounting software packages such Intacct will also be considered.
- SaaS industry experience a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
Sound like an opportunity where you would thrive and grow? More importantly, could this be the right next step in reaching your career goals? Good! Let’s be in touch. We’ll share our vision for the future and discover how you can be a part of it.