Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we've impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
About the job
With a commitment to the success of our customers, you will use your outstanding development skills to deliver compelling solutions in an incremental, lean, and self-driven environment. You will own all aspects of software development: design, quality, and delivery. Through proper planning and delivery, you will collaboratively work with Product Management and your scrum team to deliver the best products and features to our customers.
- You will be responsible for designing, maintaining and scaling web applications with top of the line user experience.
- Through proper planning, implementation and delivery, you will work collaboratively with Product Management and your scrum team to deliver the best products and solutions to our customers.
- 7y+ hands-on software development experience
- OOD/OOP software engineering experience.
- Think in terms of Incremental delivery and experience in Agile development.
- Experience with designing and implementing SOA.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team
- Understanding web application development and the ability to explain the strengths and weaknesses of one design choice over another.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- At least one modern language/framework on the back end (Rails, Node, Golang, C#, Java)
- HTML5, CSS3, REST
- Frontend frameworks (Angular, React, Vue.js)
- Experience building front end applications
- Be able to design, develop, test, and optimize web applications
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Familiar with test driven development
- You have held positions as mentors or teachers
- Experience with cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Writing models and helping to build a data modeling platform
- Experience with data labeling and creating data sets
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal - Deliver. Period. - Trust & Transparency - Customer First - Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.