Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we've impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
- Hire, coach, develop, and motivate your leadership team - ensuring high levels of team engagement, accountability, and accomplishment
- Actively track all program/SOW KPIs, develop RCAs when expectations aren’t met, hold team accountable for process improvement
- Develop operational strategy plan - present on progress to executive team, highlighting any risks as they arise
- Complete ownership of operational success and all aspects that impact operational performance - risk management, financial accountability, team development, retention, profitability, continuous improvement, service delivery governance, budget, and reporting
- Sama ambassador - upholding the highest standards in integrity, safety, and professional development
- Develop a team culture that is able to operate independently, with agility, and effectively
- Partner with Customer Success on client strategy and process execution
- Maintain high level of technical knowledge, track and manage emerging market trends, ensure team is able to quickly adjust to new workflow processes
- Dig into the details of our operations, revise existing and/or develop new policies and procedures to improve overall operating efficiency and exceed client expectations
- Foster a culture of accountability and commitment within the team and supporting organizations
- 10+ years of experience leading operations, preferably in East Africa
- 10+ years managing client relationships
- 7+ years of executive leadership at a director level or above, including managing multiple departments
- 5+ years managing large scale internal/external projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience leading a service delivery team
- Located in Nairobi, Kenya
- Experience leading continuous improvement programs
- Proficient in agile project management methodology
- Experience leading large (1000+) multicultural and diverse teams
- International work experience
- 10+ years working in technology
- Experience working with underserved/underutilized individuals
- Dynamic leader with experience and passion for managing large and diverse teams
- Able to deal with rapid change and ambiguity
- Track record of leading high-performing teams
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Empathy for the client community and passion to create an exceptional customer experience and provide outstanding support
- Excited to be part of a global operations teams, design effective business operations, tackle complex problems, and develop individual team members
- Adaptable and energized by a fast-paced environment
- Motivated by our social impact mission
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal - Deliver. Period. - Trust & Transparency - Customer First - Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.