Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we've impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
About the job:
In this role as a driven Senior Account executive, you will be responsible for helping to grow one of our key verticals (Consumer Tech, Autonomous Vehicles, MedTech, Retail & eCommerce, Robotics, or Agriculture Tech). You have a history of selling complex solutions. Being tech-savvy and strategic about your book of business is second nature to you. You will be a part of our growing sales team that is expanding a disruptive technology in the exciting Computer Vision space. Our ideal candidate will have deep experience selling a SaaS solution to a technical buyer and an ability to develop and navigate senior client relationships resulting in $2M+ annually in new account wins.
- Navigate complex organizational structures with multiple stakeholders and personas at the Fortune 2000 and large private enterprises. Utilize our sales methodology to both qualify prospects and uncover pain points; build and articulate the Sama value proposition to decision-makers to create and assess interest and move deals forward.
- Be responsible for the full sales cycle, from prospecting to close; analyzing, build and managing a sales pipeline with a highly complex and technical sales process.
- Become an expert in AI Computer Vision, understand the ML lifecycle from start to finish.
- Create account and territory plans to target prospects across industry segments that have AI initiatives with varying degrees of maturity and adoption
- Expect the unexpected- you’ll adapt quickly and solve problems anytime things don’t go as planned
- Deep dive into clients’ and prospects’ ecosystems and communities: Attend conferences, join forums, host webinars, and marketing events, and leverage social media to show thought leadership and partnership.
- Activity driven: You are consistent with nurturing leads, highly engaged with qualified opportunities, and not only build your pipeline but effectively drive opportunities forward to close. All documented in your daily use of Salesforce.
- Have a client-centric sales process by delivering an experience that is above-and-beyond through every communication channel
- Think creatively about how we can optimize each client’s experience and enhance their ability to hire the candidates they need to build and scale their organizations
- Work with SDR team to ensure qualified meetings are set and seamlessly handed off
- Build a strong pipeline of new business that leads to the ability to Achieve & exceed sales quotas
- 7+ years of experience and track record of success in Strategic SaaS sales selling into the C-Suite at Fortune 2000 and organizations with $500 million+ in revenue
- Previous experience selling a complex solution to technical buyers in one of our key sectors is preferred
- Startup experience preferred or at least an understanding of what it takes to thrive in a startup environment
- BS or equivalent 4-year degree
- Self-starter who actively pursues new avenues to drive business and nurtures existing relationships
- Strong utilization of tech tools in the sales process and tools like Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly establish deep, genuine, relationships
- Outgoing personality and great sense of humor
- Resourceful and eager to collaborate with internal teams and exhibit a level of curiosity to push the envelope
- Proven track record of forecasting and meeting and exceeding quota expectations
- Aggressive growth orientation while able to have fun at the same time
- Genuine interest in learning about new forward-thinking technologies - including machine learning & artificial intelligence and how we deliver value to clients
- Deep commitment to building an ethical, world-class company with technology at its core
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity in our current environment
- You embody our Sama values: One Team, One Goal - Deliver. Period. - Trust & Transparency - Customer First - Humanity.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal - Deliver. Period. - Trust & Transparency - Customer First - Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.