Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we've impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
About the Job:
In preparation for Sama next phase of growth, we are searching for a seasoned and committed Wellbeing coach. This role will provide a robust support system to offer real time counseling and wellbeing support services and advice to all staff.
You will serve as a support partner to the Wellbeing Lead and report directly to this role
- Assist and support provision of a safe outlet and relief to staff through counselling in order to enhance their productivity.
- Provision of resilience counselling, support to staff, planning and facilitating group counseling processes.
- Psychologically empower staff in an effort to manage stress and burnout.
- Assist in the provision of continuous psychological assessments and identify areas of support required.
- Supporting the Wellbeing lead and the training team to develop curriculum for personal development and wellness program.
- Assist to identify any trends from counseling sessions and advise the Well Being Lead on strategy
- Supporting the Wellbeing Lead to schedule and plan for counseling and wellbeing sessions and develop periodic reports.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure that all work with clients is confidential and that ethical practices are observed at all times
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Masters degree in Psychology, Counseling or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to maintain neutrality, impartiality and confidentiality in all aspects of work undertaken.
- Good report writing and observational skills.
- Ability to handle issues with empathy .
- Excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and time management (including the ability to meet deadlines)
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs and willingness to work across different shifts
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in providing trauma and workplace counselling.
- Member of KCPA or other recognized accredited body for counsellors
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal - Deliver. Period. - Trust & Transparency - Customer First - Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.