Sama is the leading training data provider for Fortune 2000 companies such as Google, Walmart, Ford, Microsoft, and Marriott. We help these organizations get their machine learning models to production more quickly by providing accurate annotation and validation for their datasets.
80% of AI project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, and labeling data for machine learning models Sama drives the very important task of data annotation from companies building state-of-the-art AI.
Sama offers the highest quality SLAs in the industry, along with cutting-edge ML-assisted annotation tools, QA processes, and security and compliance standards.
Sama has a social mission driven by the belief that “talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not.” As a certified B corp, Sama supports an ethical supply chain, and our impact was validated by MIT with a randomized control study.
Sama has provided worker training programs to increase economic opportunity for more than 13,000 people from underserved communities. By connecting our customers with amazing talent in East Africa, we've impacted more than 59,000 workers and their dependents.
An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that Sama hires for throughout the year. It is a way for Sama to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within the Sama family.
About the Job:
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the overall performance and governance of the Statements of Work. You will lead teams to provide the client with efficient and effective project services and support.
- Manage the overall performance and governance of the Statements of Work (together with Vendor Account Management / Business Development)
- Manage the day-to-day operations in accordance with the requirements and SLAs set out in this SOW. Prompt identification and resolution of service delivery issues including implementation of preventative measures.
- Conduct full project strategy implementation from inception, through resource and capacity planning and allocation to conclusion.
- Provide exceptional people management, mentorship, and career development to members of your team, including managers and agents, to achieve low attrition levels and high employee engagement.
- Manage new project launches in collaboration with the Sales, Customer Success, Global Service Delivery and SamaDC management teams.
- Effectively communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review direct report performance.
- Ensure that all monthly revenue targets are attained and surpassed with timely and high quality project execution.
- Drive operations teams to deliver continuous improvement and productivity/quality gains
- Flag and escalate business risks in a timely manner to all stakeholders both internal and external
- 4+ years of Project Management experience in operations, preferably in the technology industry
- 2+ years of People Management experience, including managing leaders, and a strong desire to develop team members
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Dynamic leader with experience and passion for managing large and diverse teams across multiple sites in a fast-paced environment that deal with rapid change and ambiguity
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Empathy for the client community and passion to create an exceptional experience and provide outstanding support
- Excited to be part of a global operations teams, design effective business operations, tackle complex problems, and develop individual team members
- Adaptable and energized by a fast-paced environment
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are One Team, One Goal - Deliver. Period. - Trust & Transparency - Customer First - Humanity.
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, employer-matching Group RRSP, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.