About the Company
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Our mission is to build products that increase access to financial opportunities and give people more control over their ability to generate wealth long term. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency and provides asset management services. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. For more information, please visit saltlending.com. We are passionate about what we do and seek others that are excited to be in this cutting-edge space!
About the Position
The Director of Financial Reporting, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, is responsible for the preparation and filing of all audited financial documents, SEC Filings (i.e. 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, etc), ensuring compliance with SEC rules and regulations and US GAAP.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC filings, footnote disclosures, and MD&A
- Research and assist with implementation of accounting and regulatory guidance to ensure accurate and relevant disclosures in audited financial documents and SEC filings.
- Continuously work to enhance and streamline reporting processes and controls.
- Work closely with other stakeholders and third party specialists to ensure the accuracy and completeness of externally reported documents.
- Identify technology solutions to ensure timely SEC filings
- Assist with facilitating the audit process and other possible regulatory examinations while ensuring financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP.
- Execute and maintain an effective internal control environment.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA license preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of U.S. GAAP accounting and financial reporting experience
- Direct experience with SEC reporting and preparation of financial documents and footnotes of public companies.
- Thorough, comprehensive and current understanding of GAAP, financial reporting principles and SEC regulatory requirements. Relevant bank, asset management or other financial services experience a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- SEC Reporting software and XBRL experience are a plus.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated to work in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Ability to work and communicate in a remote environment
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
What’s in it for you:
- Work Remotely: no commute/traffic, enjoy more flexibility and improved work/life balance, live where you want anywhere within the U.S. and work where you want - comfort of your home, favorite coffee shop, the beautiful outdoors - you pick!
- Health Insurance & Benefits: medical, dental and vision health insurance with options for the company to pay 100% of the monthly premiums for employees and all their eligible dependents, health care and dependent care flexible spending account options, virtual health options, robust 24/7 employee assistance program, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off: 12 company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off - work hard / play hard!
- Retirement Savings: 401(k) with company match
- Company Equity: receive grant of company stock options - build and share in our success!
- Perks & Recognition Program: monthly allowance to spend on gift cards, Visa/Mastercard prepaid cards, donation to charities, use to recognize / gift to others, and more!
- Remote Work Benefits: monthly stipend to use towards home internet, cell phone, and work supplies expenses. A generous payment to use towards your home office set up, in addition to a company-provided tech package - laptop, mouse, keyboard.
- Matching Gifts Program: company match of your charitable contributions - we support the causes important to you.
- Great Culture: partner with an engaged, collaborative team and enjoy our informal culture and fun virtual events.