About the Company
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Our mission is to build products that increase access to financial opportunities and give people more control over their ability to generate wealth long term. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency and provides asset management services. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. For more information, please visit saltlending.com. We are passionate about what we do and seek others that are excited to be in this cutting-edge space!
About the Position
Our Salt Asset Management leaders are looking to bolster their team with an additional Quantitative Trade Support Lead member for the Asia/European timezones.
The ideal candidate needs to possess domain experience in the crypto space. Knowledge of Bitcoin and Ethereum is required and a working knowledge of other coins is a plus. Ideal candidates should have familiarity and/or interest with crypto exchanges: Binance, FTX, Okex, Huobi, Deribit, Kraken and others.
Must be able to provide the desk with support during North America overnight trading hours and collaborate with Traders and the rest of the team during North American morning hours.
This role will be a combination of direct support to the trading desk as well as many other projects. Candidates will need to be proficient at quantitative modeling.
Role requires a highly motivated and independent worker. Must be comfortable in a volatile trading environment where precision of work is critical. Good communication skills are required for this job.
What you’ll be doing:
- To support the development and implementation of data and trading software. We have a development team working on software and we don’t have expectations that you will be designing, engineering and implementing software. You will be in more of a support role here.
- The only products that you will be working with are cryptocurrencies as Salt cannot engage in any trading of securities.
- Work in collaboration with the Asset Management team to architect, implement and analyze new automated electronic trading algorithms.
- Build fault tolerance and system observability in all systems.
- Participate in building and engineering the software infrastructure to support new and existing lines of business.
- Maintain databases for the trading platform.
What we are looking for:
- Need someone who can code and we are willing to train a less experienced engineer. Qualified candidates will have:
- An understanding of object-oriented software development
- Experience with Python and Bash
- Experience with Python’s scientific libraries (NumPy, Pandas)
- Experience with version control tools like git
- Experience with C++
- We need someone who can comfortably navigate a Linux command line environment. Qualified candidates will have:
- Experience managing/troubleshooting Linux systems
- Confident with the Unix command line and basic shell
- Experience with AWS tools and services
- We need someone who likes to analyze data
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with DataFrames in Python or R
What we’d be thrilled with (nice-to-haves):
- Finance or math background
- Experience with the coding language, Rust
- Bitcoin experience
What’s in it for you:
- Health Insurance & Benefits: medical, dental and vision health insurance with options for the company to pay 100% of the monthly premiums for employees and all their eligible dependents, health care and dependent care flexible spending account options, virtual health options, robust 24/7 employee assistance program, and company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off: 12 company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off - work hard / play hard!
- Retirement Savings: 401(k) with company match
- Company Equity: receive grant of company stock options - contribute to and share in our success!
- Perks & Recognition Program: monthly allowance to recognize team members for their merits along with an individual allowance to spend on gift cards, Visa/Mastercard prepaid cards, or donation to charities
- Remote Work Benefits: monthly stipend to use towards home internet, cell phone, and work supplies expenses. A generous payment to use towards your home office set up, in addition to a company-provided tech package - laptop, mouse, keyboard.
- Matching Gifts Program: company match of your charitable contributions - we support the causes important to you.
- Great Culture: partner with an engaged, collaborative team and enjoy our informal culture and fun virtual events.