About the Company:
SALT is the pioneer of crypto-backed lending and offers crypto-focused financial services for individuals and businesses. Committed to fostering adoption of blockchain technology, we’re working to bridge cryptocurrency with traditional finance. With an emphasis on security and customer service, we provide the technology, infrastructure, and tools that make it easy for crypto holders, businesses, banks, and governments across the globe to participate in the blockchain economy. SALT operates a blockchain-based platform that facilitates the issuance of consumer and commercial asset-backed loans secured with cryptocurrency. The platform is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Salt Blockchain Inc. For more information, please visit saltlending.com.
SALT is a remote first organization with a dynamic workforce. SALT offers medical, dental and vision health insurance with 100% paid premiums for employees and their eligible dependents, generous PTO, a 401(k) with company match, company equity, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, an employee perks program, a remote work expenses stipend, a charitable matching gifts program and an engaged culture with a wonderful team! If you enjoy a fast-paced, progressive, hard-working environment, SALT may be the place for you.
About the Position:
The UI/UX Designer will report to the Chief Product Officer within the Product Development department and be responsible for creating beautiful and highly functional, user-centric products and experiences and managing all aspects of the design process including research, wireframing/prototyping, and visual design. This position will work remotely.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using wireframes and user flows
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Evaluate user experience in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Create and iterate UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and icons)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Iterate designs based on user and internal feedback
- Adhere to brand guidelines on fonts, colors and images
- Review product roadmap to stay ahead of product and development teams
About the Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced environment and wants to continue to grow their skill set. Adaptability, a highly collaborative attitude, and a desire for continued growth is a must. You will be able to make and defend deliberate design decisions with the goal to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. You have experience bringing design consistency across a suite of products while maintaining the brand fidelity. Our ideal UI/UX Designer is fully capable of creating great visual design, as well as doing great product design and user experience. Having worked in regulated environments is also a plus.
Preferred Candidate Experience:
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Experience using tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, Zeplin, Principle or similar
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices in web and mobile application design
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various teams
- Good time and project management skills
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Ability to work independently and proactively and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to exercise judgement within well-defined parameters and procedures
- Proficiency in Google Documents, Sheets, and Slides and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Works remotely from anywhere within the United States