At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Our mission is to zero in on human-centric logistics and give small business owners the same access and benefits of scale that their larger competitors enjoy. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
We are looking for an Analyst to help lead data-driven decision making at Saltbox as we scale our business. You’ll work with key functions across Saltbox (Finance, Growth, Product, Operations) to deliver objective analyses and recommendations to move the business forward. The ideal candidate is a curious and hands-on builder excited about using data to help us deeply understand our business and make better decisions faster. To succeed in this role, you’ll need to work cross-functionally to understand the big picture while diving into the numbers. You should be proficient in SQL and Excel and be familiar with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBi, Looker, etc).
This role is remote. However, candidates should reside in a city where a Saltbox is located or be willing to relocate. See all Saltbox locations here.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and identify areas where data can be used to inform decision-making
- Analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can be used to improve business performance
- Build out maintain performance reporting for key stakeholders across the business using SQL and visualization tools
- Perform key strategic analyses and present your findings and recommendations to senior management
- Work closely with our Finance team to support forecasting and strategic planning; conduct financial analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Perform analysis of financial and operational drivers to support our strategic plan
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as needed to support business decisions
- Collaborate with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and financial reporting
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting or top tier VC company
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, and interpret large amounts of data
- Very comfortable working in SQL and Excel, expertise is a plus
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and senior management
- Detail-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools like Tableau, PowerBI and/or Looker a plus
What We Offer: Saltbox is excited to offer a full-time position with a base salary range of $80,000 - $110,000 commensurate with experience, plus equity compensation. In addition, we strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are committed to generous benefits including:
- Health benefits for individual:
- Dental and vision are covered 100%
- Medical is covered 100% for two different plans (UHC) or a tiny premium for PPO
- 401K Plan Options
- Company paid long and short term disability and life insurance
- Vacation time, sick time and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Job training opportunities, learning and professional development
Come join us! Our mission is to make logistics approachable, accessible, and efficient for all. Check out what human-centric logistics means to our members.