Saltbox makes the hardest parts of running a small online business simple. Our workspaces transform into modern and flexible office spaces with warehouse suites, and all the perks needed to help small businesses grow. Our Members run small to medium sized eCommerce businesses within a diverse group of industries including Fashion & Apparel, Health & Beauty, Entertainment, Electronics and Household Goods. You can help a small business local to your area!
We're Looking For an Assistant Location Operation Manager to help bring our vision to life by working alongside our Members to make their businesses flourish and ensure our warehouses are set up for success. For the right candidate, no member request is too big or too small for you to handle. You take great pride in tackling challenges as they present themselves. If you like juggling responsibilities, this is the place for you. The ideal candidate for this role should have experience leading a workforce, a record of amplifying customer experience and a command of successfully managing a team. While our locations have a warehouse appearance, this is not a typical warehouse job and gives the Assistant Location Operation Manager the opportunity to support a real small business owner!
What We Offer? We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are committed to generous benefits including:
- Health benefits for individual:
- Dental and vision are covered 100%
- Medical is covered 100% for two different plans (UHC) or a tiny premium for PPO
- 401K Plan Options
- Company paid long and short term disability and life insurance
- Vacation time, sick time and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Job training opportunities, learning and professional development budget
The Role Consists of general day-to-day building operations and acting as a culture leader of the location. You translate the broader Saltbox culture to our team members and members in the location. You ensure all members understand our full product offering and how their business can best interact with our services. Sure Operations experience is great, but being open to stepping out from behind your desk and helping is what we’re looking for. (You’ll definitely get your step goal in!)
- Lead a team of Member Specialists. Your team will deliver logistical support to our Members and help their ecommerce businesses thrive, while also ensuring the building runs efficiently.
- Anticipate staffing needs; own talent planning, hiring and on-site onboarding of new team members.
- Conduct continuous training and development for all team members to ensure quality standards are met.
- Maintain a culture of accountability, through setting clear expectations and managing performance.
- Engage in developmental conversations with team members, through consistent touch points and meaningful feedback.
- Own day-to-day operational success of the building, through task allocation and hands-on support. Ensure all daily checklists are complete, courier packages are received, and general building organization/cleanliness is upkept.
- Partner with the Product team to bring forward new ideas, experiment on the ground, and innovate on existing services and technologies.
- Experience leading (hiring, training, developing) a workforce in a physical environment
- Personable & approachable; excellent communication skills
- Experience independently managing workload and strong prioritization skills
- Ability to problem-solve, manage conflict, and hold others accountable
- Strong organizational skills
- Retail, logistics, or customer service experience highly preferred
To put it simply this role is unique, you have to be able to run an operation efficiently, sell Saltbox space during sales tours, help team members with day to day concerns, and put our members first every day. You don’t have to be great at all these things, but willing and open to helping in all these areas is a must. Join Saltbox. Our mission is to make logistics approachable, accessible, and efficient for all. Listen to what human-centric logistics means to our members. Learn more