Saltbox makes the hardest parts of running a small online business simple. Our workspaces transform into modern and flexible office spaces with warehouse suites, and all the perks needed to help small businesses grow. Our Members run small to medium sized eCommerce businesses within a diverse group of industries including Fashion & Apparel, Health & Beauty, Entertainment, Electronics and Household Goods. You can help a small business local to your area!
We're Looking For a Location Operation Manager to lead our DC-Alexandria location. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring excellence in the day-to-day operations of the location. For the right candidate, no member request is too big or too small for you to handle. You take great pride in tackling challenges as they present themselves. You thrive in fast-paced environments, and you are capable of multitasking while maintaining a calm demeanor. The ideal candidate for this role should have experience leading complex operations, a strong track record of building great teams, a record of amplifying customer experience and a command of successfully managing a P&L. While our locations have a warehouse appearance, this is not a typical warehouse job and gives the Location Operation Manager the opportunity to support a real small business owner!
What We Offer? We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are committed to generous benefits including:
- Health benefits for individual:
- Dental and vision are covered 100%
- Medical is covered 100% for two different plans (UHC) or a tiny premium for PPO
- 401K Plan Options
- Company paid long and short term disability and life insurance
- Vacation time, sick time and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Job training opportunities, learning and professional development budgets
The Role Consists of general day-to-day building operations and acting as a culture leader of the location. You translate the broader Saltbox culture to our team members and members in the location. You ensure all members understand our full product offering and how their business can best interact with our services.
- Location leadership, from occupancy to member experience to budget management. If a team member needs support, you ensure they get it.
- Execute tours for prospective members and onboard new members.
- Engage with Saltbox Members, help problem solve, and provide them with logistical support to receive, unload, and place incoming inventory items appropriately when needed.
- Responsible for preparing weekly operational reports and communicating location happenings, trends, and needs.
- Manage the location’s expenses, including payroll, inventory, equipment, facilities, and events.
- Monitor delivery dock and welcome delivery trucks when needed.
- Ensure that the building is fully operational and things are running efficiently in the warehouse, kitchen, and office space.
- 5+ years of experience in operations or similar leadership roles
- Personable, approachable & professional with a strong customer service orientation.
- A strong, clear, thorough, and articulate communicator.
- You’ve managed a P&L, including both revenue generation and expense management
- An exhibited history of high attention to detail.
- Background in e-commerce or retail logistics is a plus.
Join Saltbox. Our mission is to make logistics approachable, accessible, and efficient for all. Listen to what human-centric logistics means to our members. Learn more