At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We’re here to change that. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in the world, we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we’re on a mission to ensure that every entrepreneur has a place to call home.
We’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for a people-focused leader and experienced operator to be our Director of Location Operations. They have the opportunity to help set up customer centric, technology-enabled infrastructure. They are also overseeing the location operations teams and the P&L for a region of Saltbox locations. They will ensure that we deliver excellent and predictable in-location experiences for our Members, as well as serve as a key point of contact for our real estate partners.
How do you know if this is right for you? You are excited by the possibility of helping shape and grow an essential business function at an early stage company. You also are a strong communicator, analytical thinker, and multi-tasker, who is very adaptable, resilient, and eager to attack unfamiliar problems with curiosity and a bias for action.
Though this position can be fully remote, we have a current preference for one of the following cities: Los Angeles, Atlanta and Dallas.
What You'll Do
- Help build and grow a world-class location operations team
- Lead hiring, onboarding, and training of Community Operations Managers and in-location teams
- Develop the central systems and processes necessary to support scalable location operations
- Work with our product and experience teams to make improvements that increase efficiency, predictability, and help us serve Members
- Help manage the relationships between vendors and our locations
- Help build the annual budget(s) for Saltbox locations
- Drive performance against budget, operational, health and member experience metrics
- Analyze and report on budget performance, both internally and to real estate partners
- You’ve managed teams and operations in the physical word, either for a technology-enabled services company (ride sharing, delivery, etc.) or a best-in-class multi-location operator (hospitality, coworking, retail, etc.)
- You solve problems from first principles and leveraging technology - You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity - Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical - You enjoy diagnosing problems and let data win arguments
- You’ve managed a P&L - You can easily navigate conversations about budget and performance with internal and external stakeholders
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid time-off and sick time + flexible working hours
- Company-wide, team building retreats
- Quarterly team outings, coffee chats, and meal perks