About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
We are looking for a dynamic Head of B2B Marketing to spearhead the Salary Finance brand in 2021 and beyond. Reporting to the Head of Marketing you would sit as part of the Commercial Leadership team and your role would be to define and articulate the Salary Finance story to some of the UK’s well known brands. Leading a team of marketing, content & design professionals, the role is ideal for an exceptional marketer who wants to build a function and strategy from scratch, working collaboratively across commercial and product teams while working for an organisation determined to make a difference to the financial lives of millions of people across the UK.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- Fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- Responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- Dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- Empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- United, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- Humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You’re passionate about businesses that deliver social impact and create a meaningful difference to society
- You are equally left and right side brained. We want someone who gets equally excited by digging into some data analysis, as writing a beautiful piece of copy
- You’re 100% customer orientated and aren’t afraid to speak your mind and challenge the status quo internally, if it means benefitting the people we serve
- You’re always commercially minded and results driven able to articulate the metrics that matter and prove the value of the work being done
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into a project whilst also being able to delegate responsibilities as required - this will be a player/coach role, there will be some execution of the tasks required by you directly especially while the team is built out and onboarded
- You’ve managed a decent sized team before and understand how to motivate, retain and develop talent within your team
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment and can keep calm under pressure
- You are naturally empathic and find it easy to connect with people
- You’re curious by nature and always interested to uncover more about our customers
- You have lots of experience and enjoy both product & content marketing
- You have a great eye for design and enjoy bringing a brand to life through visuals
- You are a natural communicator and are able to articulately present your ideas both verbally and in writing
What you’ll do:
- Lead, develop and grow the UK B2B marketing team
- Be responsible for the B2B marketing plan and budget
- Be accountable for B2B lead and demand generation targets and work with our SDR and BD teams to support the sales pipeline and pipeline acceleration
- Own the B2B campaign strategy, including PR, demand generation and content marketing.
- Run product marketing programmes to establish product positioning, GTM and help our B2B buyers buy
- Collaborate with the product team to improve customer experience and conversion rate throughout the B2C customer journey
- Own the corporate website and digital marketing strategy
- Own the marketing automation platform (Hubspot) and our lead nurturing programme
- You will own our B2B tone of voice and external brand presence across all channels
- You will line manage a team of marketing & design professionals and be accountable for their day-to-day work and career development (including CRM, Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, Experience Designer)
- You will work closely with the wider commercial and product teams to create content for demand generation, pipeline acceleration and product marketing - ensuring a consistent tone of voice and brand identity across everything
- You will conduct market research and produce cutting edge thought leadership
- You will conduct user research to fully understand the customer journey and identify optimisations as well as advocate for the customer at all times
- You will manage your internal team, agencies and freelancers to help produce a range of different content assets from written blogs and short videos to sales decks & social media posts to build our brand
- You will work closely with our business insights team to test and understand marketing’s impact on the wider commercial objectives
- You will lead on speaking about financial wellbeing research and how our products have helped our customers at client pitches, presentations & events
Key skills required:
- Ability to set the pace and inspire a team
- At least 8 years marketing experience
- Line management experience
- Budget management
- Data analysis and critical thinking mindset
- Product marketing
- Marketing tracking & analysis
- Solid knowledge of GA, web analytics and Google Adwords and CRM experience (sufficient to lead and grow experts in these fields)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Generous company benefits options that you can choose from including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, subsided onsite cafe, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits and much more….
- 25 days holiday plus a day off for your birthday!
- Flexible working options
- Career development and a personal learning budget
- Volunteer days available as part of our CSR program
- Being part of a collaborative and entrepreneurial team working in our brand new, purpose-built offices at Scale Space, White City
- Being part of a community of Blenheim Chalcot-backed fintech growth businesses including ClearScore, Liberis, Kodoo and Modulr, with opportunities to share and learn together
We're looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people's lives for the better then we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.