About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
We are looking for a Credit Decisioning Analytics Manager to join our Decision Science team. Reporting to the Head of Decision Science you will be responsible for supporting various initiatives and ongoing projects that involve Decision Science and Credit Decisions across the business to drive continuous improvement. As an analytical and strategic thinker you will love diving into the data and providing actionable insights as well as liaising with various internal and external stakeholders regarding relevant projects and representing the team. You will work closely with teams across the business and within Decision Science and be expected to report back timely, engaging and easy to understand presentations, analysis and progress reports.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- Fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- Responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- Dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- Empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- United, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- Humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help grow a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society
- You are ambitious and want to become a member of a team committed to increasing our impact across our clients
- You have experience in a credit strategy or credit risk or decision science function, ideally within a technologically advanced consumer credit space working with credit reference agency data
- You have an analytical mind with problem solving aptitude
- You have experience in stakeholder management, and translating your findings into actionable insights
- You understand how underwriting machine learning models work and their importance
- You have real enthusiasm to work in a fast growth startup - you will thrive if you are a self-motivated, fast-paced, action oriented, “roll your sleeves up and get-things-done” sort of person who wants to work in a small team where everyone makes a difference
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and frequently changing priorities and a genuine can-do attitude
Technical experience required
- Advanced skills in Google Sheets / Excel
- Familiarity with Google Suite for day to day collaborative work
- Expert skills using SQL to retrieve and analyse data from a database
- Experience using R or Python (preferred but not essential)
- Strong Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong presentation skills
- Must have strong analytical abilities
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive can-do attitude
- Strong ability to manage high volumes of work and be efficient at prioritising tasks
- Self starter
What you’ll do
- Work with internal and external stakeholders and teams to help drive the development and improvement of new products and services
- Support the optimisation of existing projects and initiatives within Decision Science
- Support the creation of various Committee and Board materials regularly where we communicate to the Board and the wider business how our portfolio is performing and propose improvements to our credit strategy
- Perform analysis and present findings on the impacts from various initiatives with proposed actions
- Work closely with the data science, credit risk and BI teams to ensure accurate and necessary data for analysis and insights is available and easily accessible
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials (post Covid)
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks! (NB some benefits currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions.)
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.