SalaryFinance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We’re looking for an experienced and charismatic Incident Manager to help us shape what good looks like and to lead a team of like-minded people who are responsible for the full incident’s lifecycle: from cradle to grave!
Drawing assistance as required from the Technology and Operations teams, you will be accountable for coordinating the issue/problem resolution effort, communicating between incident stakeholders within the organization and to the outside world, and for maintaining control over the incident response.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
From a professional’s point of view, you certainly know your ITSM from your ITIL and your COBIT, but in the last four or five years your curiosity has been drawn into Cloud frameworks like PagerDuty’s Incident Response process or Google’s Site Reliability Engineering for example.
- You have 3+ years of experience as an Incident Manager in a Cloud or SaaS environment. You’ve done this at either a startup or at a well established company with a very strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are degree educated (or equivalent) and have a passion for applying technology and critical thinking to process improvement. Can accurately reflect the current state and drive towards the desired state.
- You know how to keep level-headed during stressful situations and your leadership skills shine under fast-paced, highly dynamic circumstances.
- You see the wood for the trees and can set priorities and pursue multiple threads at the same time, without losing sight of the end game.
- You live by the united we stand divided we fall philosophy, bringing strong collaboration skills whilst working across teams and organisations.
- You have experience within Financial Services or within a regulated environment.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the incident management process and team members involved in resolving the incident.
- Respond to a reported service incident, identify the cause, and initiate the incident management process.
- Prioritise incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business.
- Collaborate with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Log all incidents and their resolution to identify patterns and recurring malfunctions.
- Adjust the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Communicate with stakeholders when issues are found in the system.
- Manage the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials (post Covid)
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks! (NB some benefits currently unavailable due to Covid restrictions.)
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.