About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
You will be joining a small, high impact team which works across the whole business. You will play a critical role in delivering some of our most exciting opportunities: from new products and partnerships to revenue driving and cost saving initiatives using both agile and waterfall processes. To succeed, you should thrive in a fast-paced environment, be incredibly pro-active and be excited about the opportunity to challenge yourself and those around you to deliver great quality work.
Working closely with our executive, product, operations, legal, finance and decision science teams you’ll be responsible for projects from conception to go live and will need to ensure that everyone has access to the information that they need and that clear communication channels are in place. You should be passionate about getting into the detail to understand and solve complex problems. You should also be comfortable consuming and analysing information to present to colleagues at all levels of seniority to take decisive action.
You’ll be managing multiple workstreams and projects at the same time so a strong emphasis on high quality, appropriate assets (roadmap, risk and decision tracking) is important. You should be able to understand each workstream in detail and have the confidence to ask questions and get stuck in. Salary Finance is very mission led so a passion for working for an organisation that delivers a meaningful social impact is vital!
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
What you’ll do
- The management and delivery of Salary Finance projects of all sizes: internal cross functional projects, and those with external parties.
- Coordinate people and teams across multiple functions in each project to ensure projects are run smoothly and efficiently.
- Communicate project progress and issues to relevant project stakeholders, to an appropriate level of detail and frequency.
- Engage with subject matter experts within the company and externally at the start of and throughout projects to support planning and continue to take into account changing project scope and focus throughout.
- Have oversight of all project workstreams to identify and track risks and dependencies.
- Document and share decisions made, next actions for the project to progress, potential blockers and work with the teams to overcome subsequent challenges.
- Own the central repository of project documentation, building it out and sharing with the project team as appropriate.
- Own the coordination and logistics of project meetings to include setting meetings up, ensure an appropriate agenda, making sure the right people can be in the room, chair the meetings, and take notes of follow-up actions, and ensure that they are followed through.
- Manage supplier relationships where required by the project (e.g. contract negotiation or timeline extensions)
- You have a high bar when it comes to the quality of your work and the work of those around you.
- You have proven ability and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- You demonstrate experience of juggling multiple tasks at the same time.
- You are very analytical and thrive on getting into the detail.
- You approach challenges with a “can do” attitude, and are able to take a high level goal and break it down into smaller bite-size pieces.
- Your colleagues would describe you as a “people person” as you are able to work with a wide range of colleagues.
- You are adaptable and thrive in an ever changing environment.
- You can cope with changes to deadlines and focus to match wider business goals.
- You have an understanding of what a project manager does, and you have a willingness to learn.
- You have an understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies and have had exposure to these in a previous role.
Nice to have
- You have (1-2 years) experience of project management or similar experience, we know that a great project manager can come from a variety of backgrounds.
- You have experience in either financial services or technology companies.
- You are passionate about finance, technology and working for a business that is making a real, social impact.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.