Salary Finance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
We’re looking for a great Scrum Master. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the scrum teams are highly productive and operate without obstacles. You’ll also be responsible for protecting the team to make sure that they are not dragged away from the job of delivery. You will assist in forming the Organisation’s evolving scrum framework that underpins the teams and enjoy using your previous experience to help the team in DevOps initiatives.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- Committed – You will work closely with the development, QA, product, and technology teams to make sure that everyone understands what’s needed from them and they feel a part of the scrum team.
- A Coach – You are an agile coach. You should be able to help everyone see things from each other’s perspective and you are able to connect and coach a wide range of different personalities (including introverts).
- Fun and Enthusiastic - You are proactive, enthusiastic, and understand that people are more productive when they’re having fun so you will always find ways to inject energy into all situations.
- Constantly Learning - You realise that you don’t know the answers to everything and so you will read, discuss, engage both with peers from other companies and the expertise within the business to ensure that we are always improving.
- Strong Influencer - You know that as a scrum master you will rarely have direct, managerial control of situations and are comfortable exerting influence and negotiating as a technique to get the right things done at the right time.
Your knowledge and experience
- You are a proven Scrum Master (at least five years experience) and will have a worked in many agile environments. You understand why strong organisational skills are very important in these environments and have exceptional organisational skills as a result.
- You have read many books and articles about agile/scrum/kanban/lean etc. and know the theory well. You also understand that theory and practice are not necessarily the same.
- You should have a fundamental technical knowledge of modern systems/technology/development in modern fintech firms and may have worked as a developer, technical SME or other such role.
- You will have high-level experience of DevOps, you will know about code repositories, branch strategies, continuous integration/deployment, types of hosting, pair programming, TDD and automated testing and be willing to help implement them at the right pace.
- You will have excellent knowledge and previous experience using application lifecycle management tools including JIRA and Confluence to aid development and product teams.
What you’ll do
- Perform as a Scrum Master across multiple agile teams.
- Ensure that all scrum artefacts and meetings are properly organised, attended and managed throughout.
- Help the teams to only make promises they can keep, and then to help them to focus and keep those promises.
- Make sure that balance between developers and product owners is provided and work with both to avoid conflict.
- Report back on overall progress of the agile teams, analyse tools such as burndown charts etc. and provide feedback to the management team.
- Be a tough protector of the team and be committed to removing impediments and distractions.
- Work tirelessly to improve our agile processes and make sure we’re always growing and improving as a team.
- Be the lead and administrator of the Organisation’s Jira, making configuration changes, providing training and allocating permissions where required.
- Work closely with the Management Team to shape the future of delivery within this vibrant working environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complementary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.