Salary Finance is a leading global FinTech platform. We support a community of 4M employees across 575 clients (inc 20% of the FTSE 100) in the UK and US, and provide a suite of financial employee benefits, to help employees improve their financial health and happiness. Our platform provides salary-linked savings, loans, pay advances, insurance and financial education. We have a team of 200 brilliant and passionate colleagues in 3 countries and have the backing of great investors (Blenheim Chalcot, Legal & General, Experian, Goldman Sachs, Royal London, Virgin Money) with £100M in equity and £500M in debt funding raised to-date. We have won over 70 awards for our work, including MoneyAge's Consumer Champion of the Year, Prince Charles' BITC Responsible Business of the Year, and the Global Impact Award from Sadiq Khan for our US growth.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA
Your role in our mission
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Test Analyst who is interested in gaining real-world experience in a fast growing FinTech. Reporting to the Test Manager you will work within the Product Engineering Team and be responsible for all test phases (planning, designing, execution and reporting).
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share, our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- are excited by the power of technology to change people’s lives.
- are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organisation in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- have the ability to deliver high quality systems and governance within a modern, commercial environment.
- are a tech person at heart with a passion for high quality deliverables.
- are a logical thinker, with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and a pro-active motivated approach to work.
- have proven experience in test design and execution.
- are a persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have the ability to quickly learn technical methods and processes.
- have an aptitude for software development / engineering.
Nice to have
- You have experience owning data in financial services, preferably retail lending.
- You have experience working in an agile environment with Scrum Masters and Product Managers.
- You have a degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
Technical Experience Required
- Good SQL skills.
- Knowledge of Agile and sprint cycles.
- HTML, CSS knowledge.
- Knowledge of JIRA or any other test management tool.
- Undertake functional and integration testing, and liaise with third-party suppliers to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- Create test scripts, monitor test execution and ensure results are recorded.
- Ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities, and approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- Undertake Automation by contributing to and maintaining the current framework and best practices
- Liaise with and assist each line of the business in relation to test planning, testing activity, and test results analysis.
- Take responsibility for time management, risk management, issue management, quality assurance and change management.
- Support other Testing Team members and associated IT and Business resources in the implementation of testing related activities (e.g. UAT).
- Be able to recognise a problem and identify its origin.
- Comprehend new engineering ideas and concepts and apply them to improve processes.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.