About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is an award-winning FinTech business with a social purpose - to help employees take control of their finances. We launch with employers as an employee benefit and help people to understand their money better, get out of debt faster and save for their future.
By improving their financial wellbeing, we have a very real and meaningful impact on people’s lives. We remove the stress and worry associated with financial difficulties by dramatically reducing the interest rates employees pay on their personal debt, provide access to earned pay early, provide them with the tools needed to start saving sooner and be more financially secure.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Telegraph, CityAM and the Institute of Directors.
Your role in our mission
We’re looking for an exceptional communicator with top-notch people skills and an authentic desire to help people live financially happier and healthier lives across the UK. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for managing a team of Employee Comms Managers including their professional development and keeping them engaged as well as managing the EC budget. You will be responsible for communication and engagement campaigns and strategy for our existing client portfolio as well as creating launch communications strategies for new clients. As part of the Commercial function, you will be targeted on people management as well as achieving increased awareness of our brand, engagement with our product suite, applications for our products and acquiring opportunities to share communications with our clients.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- Fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- Responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- Dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- Empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- United, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- Humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You have managed a team of at least 2 direct reports previously and have a history of engaging and retaining talent.
- You have a track record of delivering communications that drive engagement.
- You have experience of managing significant budgets, invoicing processes and managing suppliers.
- You have 4+ years experience working in a HR and/or Internal Communications environment; with some experience of employee engagement activities including what motivates, engages and retains employees would be an advantage.
- You are empathetic. We’re a people business so we need to understand what makes people tick and ensure that we keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- You are process driven and will help to create new ways of working to ensure we are working in a scalable and sustainable way.
- You have excellent organisational, time management and stakeholder management skills with the ability to deliver high quality work under pressure.
- You have strong technical analysis skills in particular tracking engagement and effectiveness of communications using Google Analytics.
- You have the ambition and determination to shape this role yourself. We will give you lots of room for growth.
- You have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office package skills (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) to produce slide decks and document requirements.
Nice to have
- You have account management experience.
- Comms agency experience would be a plus.
- You have project management experience.
- You have experience in financial services, employee benefits or innovative high growth companies.
What you’ll do
- This is a player/coach role where you will have several direct reports - you will be responsible for their growth and development while also managing your own portfolio of clients.
- You will be responsible for your teams’ workload and prioritisation of that workload.
- You will be responsible for creating career plans for your direct reports, as well as supporting tactical execution, allocating resources and managing delivery of tasks (and maintaining standards regarding the quality to which the tasks are executed).
- You will be responsible for the employee comms strategy in collaboration with your team of reports.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the Employee Communications KPIs in line with the company business plan.
- You will manage a portfolio of key accounts with some clients having over 100,000 employees and be involved in managing the on-boarding of a variety of clients from 5,000 employees upwards creating their communications and engagement content and strategy.
- Bring new and innovative ideas to the table and help us communicate more effectively and continue to test, learn from, and iterate our ways of working.
- Coordinate results and analysis of past campaigns, ensuring we are continuing to deliver for our clients, end users and the business as well as responsible for reporting these finding back to the business.
- Be accountable for communications campaigns being compliant and in line with FinPrims guidelines as well as responsible for the tracking and reporting of the content created and approval process
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complementary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at www.salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.