About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple payroll-deducted savings, affordable loans and access to pay as it is earned - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
Your role in our mission
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Complaints Manager will be responsible for all customer complaints, from drafting initial responses to customers to providing root cause analysis using this to drive change in key business areas. This role will require a broad understanding of our business, and a willingness and ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels. This is a rare opportunity to join a collaborative, entrepreneurial business which is constantly challenging the status quo. There are opportunities for career progression as the business grows.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact with a strong desire to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are self-motivated with a willingness to take responsibility and work independently, as a key member of the broader team, working within a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are filled with a desire to work in a young, dynamic FinTech company, in a broad risk/ analytical role.
- You are comfortable providing strategic direction at a senior level whilst retaining a keen eye for technical rigour and detail.
- You are tenacious and driven by curiosity which enables you to get to the bottom of complex scenarios.
- Your rapport building skills and adaptability enables you to put together formal customer facing communications to engage with customers on a personal level by treating customers with respect, empathy and understanding. You adhere to the principles of ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ at all times. l.
- You have the skills required to manage stakeholders and relationships, whilst displaying the ability to influence at all levels.
- You have 2+ years experience working in a Customer Service/Financial Services environment which included complaints handling.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the coordination, assessment resolution and reporting of all customer complaints to the customer’s satisfaction by the close of the third business day following receipt, wherever possible or within relevant regulatory timescales.
- Ensure all complaints are acknowledged, drafted and sent out in a timely manner
- Ensure outcomes are professional, fair and in line with current policies, procedures, regulatory obligations and Financial Ombudsman Services decisions.
- Consider previous redress decisions and consequence for complainant prior to offering redress and arrange compensation in-line with procedures
- Identify and respond to the needs of customers, resolve queries by liaising with relevant internal departments.
- Be able to recognise vulnerable customers and adapt approach as required.
- Undertake Root Cause Analysis and report on this to ensure appropriate remedial actions are taken and improvements made to reduce complaints.
- Report on complaints management information in Quarterly Complaints Meeting
- Ensure complaints are recorded accurately on the complaints register, including necessary actions and contact information.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.