About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a fast paced and high growth FinTech company underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple payroll-deducted savings, affordable loans and access to pay as it is earned - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman) and are authorised by the FCA.
Your role in our mission
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant and Office Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract to act as maternity cover. Reporting to the CEO, you will have the ability to truly shape the business by wearing two hats simultaneously. Firstly, as an Executive Assistant you will be integral to ensuring the CEO’s working day is structured, coordinated and organised in a way that enables them to do their job effectively and thrive in their duties. Secondly, as Employee Experience and Office Manager, you will be organising fun team events, support initiatives to make Salary Finance an awesome place to work and act as the lead for a great, memorable employee experience day in day out.
Who you are
We embrace our differences but there’s one thing we like to share our values, so it’s important to us you are:
- fearless, and able to make the impossible possible.
- responsible, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- dedicated and want to commit to an exciting journey even through the highs and lows.
- empathetic and truly care about every colleague and customer.
- united, because you understand we achieve more when we work as a team.
- humble, and take feedback as a way to continuously improve.
- You have excellent verbal and written skills to connect with and inspire your audience.
- You are empathetic and able to understand the varying needs of internal stakeholders.
- You are people focused and committed to making Salary Finance the very best place to work.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You have demonstrable experience in learning new things and have a test, learn & improve mindset.
- You are excited by the power of technology to change people's lives.
- You have the ambition and determination to shape this role yourself – we will give you lots of room for growth.
- You have worked in a fast-paced startup environment previously.
- You have previous experience as an Executive/Personal Assistant, Office Manager, Employee Experience/Engagement Manager or in internal communications.
What you’ll do
- Extensive calendar management:
- Including booking meetings, managing conflicts and booking rooms/catering etc.
- Track, declare and respond to external invitations and speaking requests
- Time keeping/checking for all meetings ensuring the CEO runs to time
- Booking and confirming complex travel arrangements including flights, hotels, cars, trains and visas.
- Processing purchase orders on Expensify and Soldo. In addition, processing monthly Amex expense claims ensuring deadlines are adhered to.
- Coordinating leadership team meetings, board meetings and the coordination of documents for these meetings.
- Print and collate agendas and paperwork for forthcoming internal and external meetings.
- Management of the other PA’s that support the Senior Leadership Team.
- Managing their career progression including objective setting, personal development plans and team objectives.
- Providing cover when PA’s are out of office.
- Run ad hoc errands as necessary for the CEO.
- Organise catering for meetings when necessary for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Chair the employee ran engagement group Life @ SF which positively contributes to making life at Salary Finance a fun place to be.
- Hosting team socials and organising the summer and Christmas parties.
- Influencing management practices and their impact on the employee experience.
- Assessing the impact that people practices and policies have on the employee experience.
- Maintain the internal communications and annual social calendar and acting as first point of contact for colleague enquiries.
- Acting as the face of the company. Being on hand to welcome visitors and showcase the office and company off.
- Regular office duties such as ensuring office facilities are maintained to high standards, maintaining relationships with third parties such as Blenheim Chalcot and Accelerate Places, running ad-hoc business continuity tests and maintaining the keybox.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complimentary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, dynamic working and many other perks!
We're looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people's lives for the better then we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com
Salary Finance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.