Salary Finance is underpinned by a social purpose. Through technology and innovation, we strive to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive and much happier.
We partner with employers to offer financial wellbeing benefits that help employees live healthier, happier lives. We do this by offering simple savings, access to pay as it is earned, and affordable loans - all underpinned by accessible, engaging money management tips and tools.
Launched in 2015, we have made excellent progress, and are scaling fast. We are named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes' list of socially-responsible startups, and profiled by the Financial Times, the Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Guardian and the Telegraph.
We were co-founded by entrepreneurs Asesh Sarkar (CEO), Daniel Shakhani, and former Head of Google UK and Ireland Dan Cobley (Chairman).
We’re looking for a great Scrum Master. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that the scrum teams are highly productive and operate without obstacles. You’ll also be responsible for protecting the team to make sure that they are not dragged away from the job of delivery. You will assist in forming the Organisation’s evolving scrum framework that underpins the teams and enjoy using your previous experience to help the team in DevOps initiatives.
- Committed – You will work closely with the development, QA, product, and technology teams to make sure that everyone understands what’s needed from them and they feel a part of the scrum team.
- A Coach – You are an agile coach. You should be able to help everyone see things from each other’s perspective and you are able to connect and coach a wide range of different personalities (including introverts).
- Fun and Enthusiastic - You are proactive, enthusiastic, and understand that people are more productive when they’re having fun so you will always find ways to inject energy into all situations.
- Constantly Learning - You realise that you don’t know the answers to everything and so you will read, discuss, engage both with peers from other companies and the expertise within the business to ensure that we are always improving.
- Strong Influencer - You know that as a scrum master you will rarely have direct, managerial control of situations and are comfortable exerting influence and negotiating as a technique to get the right things done at the right time.
Your knowledge and experience
- You are a proven Scrum Master (at least three years experience) and will have a worked in many agile environments. You understand why strong organisational skills are very important in these environments and have exceptional organisational skills as a result.
- You have read many books and articles about agile/scrum/kanban/lean etc. and know the theory well. You also understand that theory and practice are not necessarily the same.
- You should have a fundamental technical knowledge of modern systems/technology/development in modern fintech firms and may have worked as a developer, technical SME or other such role.
- You will have high-level experience of DevOps, you will know about code repositories, branch strategies, continuous integration/deployment, types of hosting, pair programming, TDD and automated testing and be willing to help implement them at the right pace.
- You will have excellent knowledge and previous experience using application lifecycle management tools including JIRA and Confluence to aid development and product teams.
- Perform as a Scrum Master across 3 - 5 agile teams.
- Ensure that all scrum artefacts and meetings are properly organised, attended and managed throughout.
- Help the teams to only make promises they can keep, and then to help them to focus and keep those promises.
- Make sure that balance between developers and product owners is provided and work with both avoid conflict and manage any conflict that does come up.
- Report back on overall progress of the agile teams, analyse tools such as burndown charts etc. and provide feedback to the management team.
- Be a tough protector of the team and be committed to removing impediments and distractions.
- Work tirelessly to improve our agile processes and make sure we’re always growing and improving as a team.
- Be the lead and administrator of the Organisation’s Jira, making configuration changes, providing training and allocating permissions where required.
- Work closely with the Management Team to shape the future of delivery within this vibrant working environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development – no two days will be the same
- Generous company benefits including a pension scheme, health and life assurance, 25 days holiday, an extra day off on your birthday, subsidised onsite cafe, complementary team breakfast every Tuesday, complimentary fresh fruit, cycle to work scheme, gym discount (with PMI), childcare benefits, flexible working and many other perks!
We’re looking for people that will get stuck in and make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team and are passionate about what we do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com